Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • S++ Rank Changes

Nuclear Nezz

So since @Articron successfully got the s++ rank, we've been considering (and talking to him) about the benefits of the rank. (Also congratulations to arti :) )

We've decided the current benefits are not very good at reflecting the difficulty of obtaining the rank.

The current benefits are to get a private script thread stickied, and 4 tabs (up from 3 on s+) along with any benefits of scripter/scripter+ (eg: VIP benefits like quickstart and such)

The benefits are going to be changed to:
    You may have 1 sdn script thread stickied + that script will be listed as "featured" on the store.

You'll get 1 script change per month as to which script to put up there.

The number of client tabs is increased from 4 to 6.

The group of S++ users will also gain the ability to vote on:

-Users retaking the S++ test (no vote on the first test to dissuade users from potentially blocking a user they dislike from the test)

-Giving input on test answers

Any votes are considered as input only, and final decisions are left to the staff member handling the tests, also to prevent negative manipulation of the system.

Bump time limit reduced to 2 hours from 4 hours.

Message storage cap raised to 500. (Note, S+ message storage cap is also raised from 50 to 150)

Max # of images/urls in signature raised from 4 to 6.

They'll get their own S++ section where they can discuss incoming scripters, S++ tests, or memes.

They can edit their own member titles (Note: Also gave S+, Lead Designer, Ex Staff, and Scholar the ability to edit member title)

The private script thread sticky privilege is being removed.

In the future, once we have more S++ users we'll have to look at limiting the number of available spots for features scripts on the store. It'll probably have a limit of 3 or 5, and we'll need to figure out how to choose who is able to put the scripts up there. Maybe a monthly poll on the scripts the scripters would put up, and the users can vote. Then the top 3 (or 5) would be chosen. Just something to consider (and give feedback on).

Feel free to give your thoughts on these changes in the comments. :) If you have thoughts on other rank benefit changes, you can comment those as well.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

Sounds fair to me, as it's such a small, well respected user group. And yeah, nice one @Articron

OFT: Do I qualify for Scripter by having a script live on the SDN, or is there further steps to take?

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/13525-zconcurrentmodificationexception/ this should also be looked into as well, how did a person achieve a scripter on your website and still think this is how concurrency should be handled, is the scripter one rank just to see if you know syntax or somthing

You should know what the S+ is like :thinking:

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/13525-zconcurrentmodificationexception/ this should also be looked into as well, how did a person achieve a scripter on your website and still think this is how concurrency should be handled, is the scripter one rank just to see if you know syntax or somthing

I realise that what was posted on that thread wasn't exactly "clever", but scripter+ is moreso about being competent enough to manufacture something that "works". 

As far as I'm aware, concurrency is not something that's included in standard entry level programming classes. It's good pointing out that his approach was sub-optimal (to say the least), but that's no reason to assume he's shit at scripting (which is what the rank stands for). Scripter+ is a rank for people that learned coding through scripting and don't intend to further their knowledge in general programming.

OT: I hope these perks will motivate you all to aim for scripter++! I know many of you are likely scared to take it because you think you'll flop, but you have literally nothing to lose. Besides, taking the test will give you a better insight on things you can improve on or can spend time studying on. Trust me, even if you fail, it will be a learning experience. 

Sure, this test will challenge you, but you don't necessarily need a degree to pass it.

I realise that what was posted on that thread wasn't exactly "clever", but scripter+ is moreso about being competent enough to manufacture something that "works". 

As far as I'm aware, concurrency is not something that's included in standard entry level programming classes. It's good pointing out that his approach was sub-optimal (to say the least), but that's no reason to assume he's shit at scripting (which is what the rank stands for). Scripter+ is a rank for people that learned coding through scripting and don't intend to further their knowledge in general programming.

OT: I hope these perks will motivate you all to aim for scripter++! I know many of you are likely scared to take it because you think you'll flop, but you have literally nothing to lose. Besides, taking the test will give you a better insight on things you can improve on or can spend time studying on. Trust me, even if you fail, it will be a learning experience. 

Sure, this test will challenge you, but you don't necessarily need a degree to pass it.

If your cool answering do you have a specific degree or do you just enjoy doing a large amount of programming and taught yourself?

Also enjoy that sweet s++ private section, your own private hangout since no one but you and one guy has ever gotten S++ :P

If your cool answering do you have a specific degree or do you just enjoy doing a large amount of programming and taught yourself?

Also enjoy that sweet s++ private section, your own private hangout since no one but you and one guy has ever gotten S++ :P

Apparently the other guy cheated the system a little bit to get a pass, so i'd say I'm the first fully legitimate S++ :P

I do have a degree, and I did get smacked right onto my 4head the first time I took the test, but after re-studying a lot of what I've seen in uni the test went rather well.

I don't believe you need a degree though. It all depends on the questions you pick and how well you can translate structured thought processes into code :) Some questions are definitely degree-level though, and unless you pick a perfect set, I think you're bound to solve at least one of them :/

And yeah that section is kinda feelsbadman atm, I'm lonely! I'm dropping the fattest memes and only Nezz & Bananaman are seeing them

Archived