Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why do people love antiban?

septharoth

Starting this off by apologizing if it's in the wrong board, more so just a discussion matter for fellow coders/scripters.  I may not be known here, but I know my way around Java, C++, Lua, and a few other languages, but am still learning my way around the DB api..

Topic title asks the question at large here.  I know it's a tired, drawn out question and people are starting to get with the times and understand "anti-ban" is next to pointless with a good script.  IF people are going to demand some form of it; why not give them something better that makes more sense with the current community of runescape and the typical player's play style.

Why do some bother with anti-ban measures when, 9/10 if you're doing a repetitive task that's probably quite tedious you're doing as little movement in the game as possible.  Or, "AFK training" where applicable.

A good example would be this:

"I want to get 70 woodcutting specifically on willow trees, I'm gonna drop all the willow logs because it's kind of laughable to bank them.  At any rate, I feel as if I'm going to spending a lot of time afk, while watching movies or something on the internet.  So, if anyone needs me, probably wont get a reply for a while; if at all sorry guys"

- This being said, the most "realistic" approach one could take would be to hardly move the camera, if at all, after setting it at a nice location to see all the trees i'll be cutting, even if it's just a tiny piece of one that allows me to click it.  If needed, maybe click on the map to get me walking toward the tree to click it when needed.

- The "anti-ban" would be emulating "AFK training", which is hardly an "anti-ban" at all in most eyes.  The problem I've seen in a lot of bots(typically the free ones on almost every bot software I've used).. people like demand a good anti-ban.  Why not see that doing a mindless task over and over and over again would probably be heavily afk?  Unless it's like Slayer, or something that requires more attention; like bossing.

- So the typical woodcutting bot is going to monitor woodcutting exp, moving camera randomly, random mouse movements, and find ways to seem more "human."  Well, in my opinion; you are wrong for thinking that will work.  I know when I'm training an afk skill I'm PROBABLY going to be doing it AFK majority of the time.  I understand the occasional sit and wait a few ticks, maybe get logged out by accident by not paying enough attention, or even just misclicking and running away from the tree for a few seconds only to realize I misclicked like an asshole.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been testing free to use scripts for several years and noticed ban rates have increased exponentially while simple scripts I've made will allow me to bot for much longer periods than the stuff I see for free.  I'm not even trying to brag here; because I'm more than aware that some of you guys are much better at it than I am and could probably code circles around me.  But, when coming to simple things like a mindless, repetitive task why don't you take a better approach?  

Try something new.  If people have attempted this, please let me know; because I'd like to see more gold in the market.  I'd like to be able to extend my business to new people who are coming into it with free scripts, or even cheap paid scripts that will give them a reason to buy & give me a reason to supply; giving us all room to expand our gold farms.

I've been going over the db api for a bit now, and I'm in love with the syntax, and how things are laid out for you on this software.  Kudos to the developers, you guys have my respect

'Simple tree clicker' vs 'Woodcutting Xtreme [ANTI-BAN][HUMAN-MOVEMENT][ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE]'
    People tend to go for the latter.

"Try something new.  If people have attempted this, please let me know; because I'd like to see more gold in the market."

More gold -> lower gold price -> mad farmers.

Of course a "simple tree clicker" would have less people using a script.

But, "Human movement" would more likely be afk training.  It's cutting trees.  How many of you are paying a lot of attention to their character they're cutting trees with?  I know I wouldn't be doing half the anti-ban steps scripters are taking.

Why do people see that as a necessity anyway? 

Also, I never said it had to be a simple tree clicker; anti ban measures would be taken to an extent; but definitely not to the extreme some of you guys are doing.

Edit:

I'm still working on understanding the API to the best of my knowledge before I start writing anything more advanced, so I haven't stepped away from the software I was using prior to finding DB.  And, regardless, more of my scripts that are "afk training" have a substantially lower ban rate than those that I was taking the typical anti ban approach that I see many scripters taking.  I ask if anyone here has taken the approach because I'm curious.

For the "afk training"  Think as if you're really playing the game & more often I find myself trying to find afk-able methods of training rather than the fastest.  That being said, I wouldn't do something or like 9k exp/hour; I'd take the time and effort.  Regardless of all of that, most of the anti bans I see are taking the "random" approach when I know I'm not random and I have a genuine pattern as many real players.

Name something you'd try to script and I'll do my best to sit here and describe the most accurate human movement.  Before losing interest in actually playing, I was spending 16 hours a day, sometimes more, on an account, playing on a bot client while other accounts were on a proxy earning gold for the main.  Though, this was closer to the initial release of os bot clients coming out.

The reason your own scripts have less banrate is because your script is not being used by multiple users.

The more people/accounts run your script, the more likely your script is prone to profiling, which makes it easier to detect :)

Edit:

I feel like I could elaborate on the points you've made though. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, as none of us can accurately tell what Jagex does in terms of bot analysis  ;)

The majority of the "normies" (The users that buy scripts from scripters, through the store or privately) value antiban because it gives a false sense of security. I'm fairly certain most scripters know that antiban - as its usually implemented - does not really serve a purpose, or worse, actually makes their script more vulnerable because of the way these antiban "events" are firing in calculatable  "random" intervals. 

I want to agree with your idea of "the less you give them to analyse, the better", but I think this wouldn't be much better than the latter unfortunately :/

The reason your own scripts have less banrate is because your script is not being used by multiple users.

The more people/accounts run your script, the more likely your script is prone to profiling, which makes it easier to detect :)

Edit:

I feel like I could elaborate on the points you've made though. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, as none of us can accurately tell what Jagex does in terms of bot analysis  ;)

The majority of the "normies" (The users that buy scripts from scripters, through the store or privately) value antiban because it gives a false sense of security. I'm fairly certain most scripters know that antiban - as its usually implemented - does not really serve a purpose, or worse, actually makes their script more vulnerable because of the way these antiban "events" are firing in calculatable  "random" intervals. 

I want to agree with your idea of "the less you give them to analyse, the better", but I think this wouldn't be much better than the latter unfortunately :/

I assumed that less users emulating the same exact pattern gives less of a ban rate, but when I'm using them on 20+ accounts; wouldn't you agree that it's still showing some sign of improvement over the use of "random" antiban structure?

I assumed that less users emulating the same exact pattern gives less of a ban rate, but when I'm using them on 20+ accounts; wouldn't you agree that it's still showing some sign of improvement over the use of "random" antiban structure?

Try 300+ accounts and let me know if the banrate stays the same :P

Private scripts are used to suit your needs. ''Lower banrates'' because less users is just marketing ''  Script quality is what matters.

Private scripts are used to suit your needs. ''Lower banrates'' because less users is just marketing ''  Script quality is what matters.

Not true. It's definitely the more users using a script, the higher the ban rate.

1J9TyCj.png

Archived