Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Ledger Nano S

Seraphic

Ledger Nano S  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Ledger Nano S worth buying?

Hey lads,

So everyone who knows me should know that I no longer use Blockchain but rather Coinbase.

I am fairly involved with RSGP buying and selling. I also do IRL related trading as well, not just online.

I am fairly involved with Altcoins such as Ripple. I invested in Ripple when it was 30 and 80 cents. I started with ~60 worth of ripple and now my amount has doubled in value. I am an investor and not just your "average" trader.

From talking to people who I knew from not only this forum but other forum, I have learnt a fair bit where it has gotten to the point that I have gotten more interested and actually have started researching analytics which is something I have actually not done much of in my life. It has also gotten to the point where I have had old university friends phoning me asking where to start, how to get involved and if there is still money to be made.

I am here today about cryptocurrency related technology. Would anyone here say the Ledger Nano S is worth buying. I am asking because for ~83 euros I don't want to go through the hassle of using it, finding out it doesn't work and then having to return it. I want YOUR opinions on this piece of technology. Because of this, I have linked a poll. Please vote on it.

Also, if you have any OTHER recommendations of hardware wallets then please live any down below. I'm very interested in experimenting and trying new things that are technology related.

Thanks

Seraphic

All seeds are already unlocked, just not publicly released. I'd generate my own seed and put watch-only addresses on my phone... use something like BlockKeeper to do so.

Maybe use coinomi or something that accepts controlling a single address and use it along with the private keys to send funds.... I'd also have my wealth stored across 2~3 different addresses created using DIFFERENT seeds.

Get a ledger for your day-to-day activities but don't store what you cannot afford losing on a seed that you did not generate yourself.

All seeds are already unlocked, just not publicly released. I'd generate my own seed and put watch-only addresses on my phone... use something like BlockKeeper to do so.

Maybe use coinomi or something that accepts controlling a single address and use it along with the private keys to send funds.... I'd also have my wealth stored across 2~3 different addresses created using DIFFERENT seeds.

Get a ledger for your day-to-day activities but don't store what you cannot afford losing on a seed that you did not generate yourself.

I have a couple wallets for different cryptocurrencies. A question I have is, can you provide more in-depth knowledge as to what a seed is and how people could potentially lose money on a seed that was not generated by them?

Got Omise GO, XEM, LTC, a bit of BTC left over and some ETH. How about you?

Crypto is fake. You are getting scammed. All fake stuff. Invest in real estate.

internet fights :notlikethis:

crypto is high risk high reward. 

real estate is not really profitable anymore.

as Waren Buffet says invest into stocks/bonds is the best what you can do. 

if you cant watch the video look at least at this chart (dropbox) http://bit.ly/2obo5oV

if you hodl more than 1k(not zimbabwe dollars) i would recommend buying one. it is more the less used for cold storage device. but i wouldnt recommend buying one atm if you have to pay over 80+ dollars. the ledger nano s got inflated  same goes for graphics cards these days.

short answer yes if you can find one under 80 ish dollar. if you daily exchange nah since it is more used for cold storage device. 

disclaimer dont buy second hand ones since they could be infected with viruses.

internet fights :notlikethis:

crypto is high risk high reward. 

real estate is not really profitable anymore.

as Waren Buffet says invest into stocks/bonds is the best what you can do. 

if you cant watch the video look at least at this chart (dropbox) http://bit.ly/2obo5oV

if you hodl more than 1k(not zimbabwe dollars) i would recommend buying one. it is more the less used for cold storage device. but i wouldnt recommend buying one atm if you have to pay over 80+ dollars. the ledger nano s got inflated  same goes for graphics cards these days.

short answer yes if you can find one under 80 ish dollar. if you daily exchange nah since it is more used for cold storage device. 

disclaimer dont buy second hand ones since they could be infected with viruses.

its about 80 euro but that to me is affordable.

Ok, care to show me all the real estate you own?

Come to my place, I'll show you all kinds of real estate. Jk, don't come to my place. Stay away.

Archived