Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Get location of an object

Stormscythe

Hello

I am trying to get the position of gameobjects, so I could walk to them - how do I do this?

This is how I would think it worked:

getWalking.walk(object.getLocation());

Hello

I am trying to get the position of gameobjects, so I could walk to them - how do I do this?

This is how I would think it worked:

getWalking.walk(object.getLocation());

You're looking for GameObject#getTile()

http://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/methods/walking/impl/Walking.html#walk-org.dreambot.api.methods.map.Tile-

Thanks Chris

While I have you, is there a way to check which of the 4 different gameobjects in an array, that are closer to you?

You'd have to loop through the array and check the distance of each gameobject to you, and return the one that is closest. You can check distance with

gameObject.getTile().distance(getLocalPlayer().getTile())

You'd have to loop through the array and check the distance of each gameobject to you, and return the one that is closest. You can check distance with

gameObject.getTile().distance(getLocalPlayer().getTile())

Thanks Nezz, but it appears to throw an error: Cannot convert from double to boolean

EDIT: Ah, got it to work eventually, thank you :-D Although, I have another question (lol) - How would I return the object closest to me?

Thanks Nezz, but it appears to throw an error: Cannot convert from double to boolean

EDIT: Ah, got it to work eventually, thank you :-D Although, I have another question (lol) - How would I return the object closest to me?

You can use the method GameObjects#closest(Filter<GameObject> f)

http://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/methods/interactive/GameObjects.html#closest-org.dreambot.api.methods.filter.Filter-

http://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/methods/filter/impl/NameFilter.html

Hello - that doesn't seem to work, when the GameObjects I declared are in an array.

Hello - that doesn't seem to work, when the GameObjects I declared are in an array.

You can manually do it then

private GameObject getClosestGameObjectFromList(List<GameObject> gameObjectList) {
        double distance = 100D;
        GameObject closestObject = null;
        for (GameOject temp : gameObjectList) {
            if (temp != null && temp.distance(getMyPlayer().getTile()) < distance) {
                distance = temp.distance(getMyPlayer().getTile());
                closestObject = temp;
                if (distance <= 1) break;
            }
        }
        return closestObject;
    }

This is untested.

Archived