Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Top Traders Hook

Seraphic

I'm unsure on the specifics of the hooks for top traders, but I do not believe it's something as simple as adding banned users to a list to not show. I'm pretty sure we've looked into it before, and we'd have to edit the hook itself which is not really something you just open and edit.

I'm unsure on the specifics of the hooks for top traders, but I do not believe it's something as simple as adding banned users to a list to not show. I'm pretty sure we've looked into it before, and we'd have to edit the hook itself which is not really something you just open and edit.

Ahh fair enough then. How long would it take to actually end up modifying the hook?

@Seraphic

Trading with a banned user could be risky, and there are banned users on this site who still work to conduct their business. People who trade with banned users are taking the risks into their own hands and it could result in a scam. However, as I said before, the user's feedback still speaks for them that, at a point in time, someone made an agreeably reputable transaction with that person, before they were banned, of course.

The circumstances are not as black and white as you make them, it could be that person is the most favored user on the site and perhaps they made a slip up that's caused them to lose their privilege to participate on the website. Should their entire history/legacy be erased? There are a handful of users I can think of that contributed loads to Dreambot that for whatever x,y,z reason got banned, but looking at their feedback you can see they were still helpful, friendly, kind, etc. in their business here.

I'm going to stop there and leave it at that, because I know we're never going to reach an agreement on this topic. At the end of the day, the developers have the final call on how they handle their ranking systems, and they have their reasons for setting the rules the way they are. I need to do Christmasy shit today.

Yes, the users feedback speaks for themselves however it is absolutely not affecting them in the slightest by doing this. If they write an accepted appeal, they will be shown again. Thats the point. Their feedback is not being PERMANENTLY removed, it will still stay however its their position on the list which is the main change.

Archived