Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Top Traders Hook

Seraphic

Hello there,

So today I decided to click on 'Feedback' in the navigation bar to see what Feedback had been left in the past 24 hours.

When I clicked on it I saw this:

RQGYk3g.png

A question I have to the community is SHOULD banned users be displayed within this hook? I personally don't think so because they aren't "active" traders or are not able to trade on this website. If you go to a banned users profile it just says "This member is no longer active" so then whats the point of this?

Thanks

-Seraphic

To get them off, I'm pretty sure we'd have to remove all of their feedback.

Which I'd rather not do, since they still do have the feedback, and if they ever got unbanned it's likely they'd still want their feedback.

To get them off, I'm pretty sure we'd have to remove all of their feedback.

Which I'd rather not do, since they still do have the feedback, and if they ever got unbanned it's likely they'd still want their feedback.

would it not be possible to edit the hook so that what it does, if so called user is in the "BANNED" user group, they wouldn't be displayed?

@@Seraphic The profiles listed in top traders have earned their feedback, whether they're banned or not. The fact that they're banned doesn't mean their feedback they've received is any less credible, nor should it, whether or not they're banned is irrelevant to their history on the site.

@@Seraphic The profiles listed in top traders have earned their feedback, whether they're banned or not. The fact that they're banned doesn't mean their feedback they've received is any less credible, nor should it, whether or not they're banned is irrelevant to their history on the site.

You've completely ignored my point. I never said it was any less credible, this is the main point I was making. Yes they might have earnt their feedback but thats not where the problem lies.

The top trader at the moment is @Donald Trump. Why is he top trader? Because he earnt 500+ feedback. Well then whats the point? He can't earn feedback because banned members aren't able to receive feedback from users. Isn't that dumb logic? Allowing a banned member to stay in the top 5 traders however not allowing them to receive feedback? I'm inclined to hear your view on this. So Banned users can have hundreds of feedback and be top on the chart but not receive anymore? This is why I'm suggesting to remove it from there. By making it only show unbanned users, it doesn't affect banned users in the slightest. If they ever get a successful appeal then their feedback will be shown again.

@Seraphic

As you said, they earned the feedback. If they're unbanned then happy day they can earn it again, but if they're banned their numbers still show that they were an adequate user to trade with.

Let's say the next lowest person got bumped up to make the list at the #5 position with a huge gap in positive feedback from the last person to hold that position that got banned-why remove the name of someone with a very good score and replace it with someone who may not even be close to the prior's level of other users' approval?

@Seraphic

As you said, they earned the feedback. If they're unbanned then happy day they can earn it again, but if they're banned their numbers still show that they were an adequate user to trade with.

Let's say the next lowest person got bumped up to make the list at the #5 position with a huge gap in positive feedback from the last person to hold that position that got banned-why remove the name of someone with a very good score and replace it with someone who may not even be close to the prior's level of other users' approval?

Because they can't trade? The point of that feedback system is for a competitive element. There is ABSOLUTELY NO trade competition with a banned user. You might as well just let banned users trade offsite and let them receive dreambot feedback, thats the other alternative.

@Seraphic

I don't believe the point of the feedback system is to display a competitive element, I believe it's to show who reliable and trustworthy traders are within the marketplace, as people would have to willingly leave them a positive rating if they were reputable. If the purpose is a competitive element, that's all the more reason for users to watch their behavior on the site and be the most honest trader they can be, which would win them the competition in the long run.

@Seraphic

I don't believe the point of the feedback system is to display a competitive element, I believe it's to show who reliable and trustworthy traders are within the marketplace, as people would have to willingly leave them a positive rating if they were reputable. If the purpose is a competitive element, that's all the more reason for users to watch their behavior on the site and be the most honest trader they can be, which would win them the competition in the long run.

Yeah so your argument is actually invalidated. How can you claim that banned users who have a high feedback are "reliable and trustworthy traders". That is an absolutely ridiculous statement to make. What if I went to someone who got banned and had 400 feedback and they scammed me? It would be my fault. DreamBot tries to encourage people NOT to trade with banned users.

@Seraphic

Trading with a banned user could be risky, and there are banned users on this site who still work to conduct their business. People who trade with banned users are taking the risks into their own hands and it could result in a scam. However, as I said before, the user's feedback still speaks for them that, at a point in time, someone made an agreeably reputable transaction with that person, before they were banned, of course.

The circumstances are not as black and white as you make them, it could be that person is the most favored user on the site and perhaps they made a slip up that's caused them to lose their privilege to participate on the website. Should their entire history/legacy be erased? There are a handful of users I can think of that contributed loads to Dreambot that for whatever x,y,z reason got banned, but looking at their feedback you can see they were still helpful, friendly, kind, etc. in their business here.

I'm going to stop there and leave it at that, because I know we're never going to reach an agreement on this topic. At the end of the day, the developers have the final call on how they handle their ranking systems, and they have their reasons for setting the rules the way they are. I need to do Christmasy shit today.

Archived