Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Hey

SomeRandomGuy

Hey I'm relatively new here and was looking to do some botting.

I'm currently on winter break and have a few spare servers laying around after a previous project so I thought I'd put them to use for botting. I'm hoping to get a few bots going here and there but was wondering how people run their bots and if there is any implementation for running the bots via command line.

By "how people run their bots" I mean do people typically run 1 client with several instances or 1 client per instance?

So yea, see you guys around!

Hey I'm relatively new here and was looking to do some botting.

I'm currently on winter break and have a few spare servers laying around after a previous project so I thought I'd put them to use for botting. I'm hoping to get a few bots going here and there but was wondering how people run their bots and if there is any implementation for running the bots via command line.

By "how people run their bots" I mean do people typically run 1 client with several instances or 1 client per instance?

So yea, see you guys around!

Some people like 1 client per instance so each account has its own proxy others do 1-4 per client to get the most out of their proxies.

I personally run 1 instance per client, using 512mb on each client.

Here is a thread about how you can run scripts using command line: https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/2360-dreambots-quickstart%E2%84%A2/

Ahhh, Thank you for this! I was wondering why I couldn't find it.

Some people like 1 client per instance so each account has its own proxy others do 1-4 per client to get the most out of their proxies.

As for running 1 per instance in comparison to 4-5 per instance is there any performance penalties for more than 1 per instance? 

edit: 

Also how is the random.dat file handled between instances? Is a random one generated per user:pass combo?

As for running 1 per instance in comparison to 4-5 per instance is there any performance penalties for more than 1 per instance? 

edit: 

Also how is the random.dat file handled between instances? Is a random one generated per user:pass combo?

The more accounts you use per proxy usually equates to faster bans/getting flagged faster.

edit: 

Its handled differently depending on your client settings. If you use freshstart each client instance will make a temp folder and store the data in there. If you dont use freshstart it will use the same one.

Archived