Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Banned after a week

roy123104

Came back after 6 years and got banned in a week. Seems to have nothing to do with afk-ing. I babysat everytime I botted. Think Jagex has people that pay for this so they can tackle the problem. 

There are several factors that play into being banned for botting.

Here are some questions to think about if you decide to try botting again,

1. How is the ban rate for the skill?

IE. Agility & Woodcutting are more highly monitored than say, fletching.

2. How long has my account been registered

Accounts created within 24hrs will nearly always be banned after a few hours, unless it is the weekend- then the ban will come Sunday night/Monday morning.

Don't bother trying to create them yourself.

Accounts created within 1 year or more have better chances of being 'undectected' or 'overlooked' essentially giving you some wiggle room for botting.

3. How long should you bot?

If you are using a personal account, or trying to slowly level a alt account, or whatever. You should ask yourself, 'how long should I bot?'

To be safe, I suggest botting around 4 - 6 hours or less per day PER account.

If you bot 8 hours or more per day, expect to be banned. Think logically- you are trying to assume a real player, so bot like it!

afking and babysitting have nothing to do with detection rates other than being in popular chat areas.

I hope you have better luck,

almonds

babysitting doesn't do anything except lower chances of getting reported if a player talks to you making sure the script doesn't get stuck but if you have a good script that shouldn't happen anyways.

You should consider yourself lucky you even lasted a week TBH

Edit: Bot detection has been ramped up exponentially compared to six years ago. 

6 years ago there was no Old School RuneScape.

Archived