Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Question About Bans/Future Botting

yox289

Would you guys suggest that I use a VPN while botting? Or will that look suspicious how my address will change from when i plan to play on something like OSbuddy?

No never use a VPN, it always gets you banned super fast. A proxy can work but is just counterproductive when you are only botting one account and plan to play legit with it on osbuddy.

No never use a VPN, it always gets you banned super fast. A proxy can work but is just counterproductive when you are only botting one account and plan to play legit with it on osbuddy.

Ok thanks for the help, I will just be doing some casual botting then, and never leaving it running for 3-4 hours like i did on my old main, which is what probably got me banned.

take advice from a long time player and botter. no1 here honestly and truthfully has the answer for your question,  only the programmers at jagex know. We can do our best to circumvent bot detection with covert, good scripts and a botters common sense and the other 50%.. pure luck. You are in a living world where players pass each other very often. some dont care about bots.. others care very much. sometimes it just isnt your day or even your week. 

One thing i have learnt over the years is taking time to legit play your account will go a long way to making that account last a lot longer. Ive had accounts banned before even finishing the tutorial island using a script. Ive had others last a few weeks. I haven't had a account last more than 2 weeks but then i dont play legit anymore which i think proves my theory above. I also think that using the same IP and getting multiple strikes increases your chance of getting banned exponentially. Lastly pretty sure proxies dont add great value for money unless you are unable to change your own IP via your router settings.

Would you guys suggest that I use a VPN while botting? Or will that look suspicious how my address will change from when i plan to play on something like OSbuddy?

Nobody can answer for sure but Jagex, but you can come to conclusions through experience. In my experience if your proxy/VPN has a static IP or pulls from a small IP pool, then the changes aren't as "wild". You want to avoid constant, large IP jumps. The reasoning would be that the fewer/smaller the changes, the more resemblance you have to a guy just playing at 2 locations, and each locations IP might change through a particular range of IP's. This is common behavior of many ISP's and how they allocate the IP changes. 

But realistically speaking, it hardly matters. I think your biggest concern is proxy quality. I've heard theories that they have flagged many data centers IP ranges, as these do not appear as residential connections. Can't confirm that.

Now you can throw that all out the window if you have a static proxy, and just play legit through the proxy as well. Or the opposite, and just bot on your home IP and play legit on it also. I've been banned on many accounts on IP's pulled from my normal subnet rotation, and they don't seem to lump them together.

Good luck.  :D

Edit: Didn't see Pug's post, but as you can see we both started out with "Nobody can know but Jagex".

• 2 months later...

Archived