Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Few questions on beginning/starting

solarbeam1

Hello, long time real (2007) runescape player considering starting a small thing on a side. I spend a lot of time on a PC and thought I could do some bots in the background that would not get in the way of my daily routine. I've read some of the topics in this forum about botting and getting banned, my basic plan is to bot as much as possible (anywhere up to 12hours a day). Ofcourse there will be some bans when it comes to botting

so here are some questions:

1) Is dreambot the best overall botting website for oldschool runescape currently? I checked some websites and it didnt seem very active on others in comparison to here, I used to hang out on rscheata.net for those who remember, they had solid community with solid scripts

2) Which areas and/or skills have high banrates?

3) For starters I was considering using the paid scripts for some early woodcutting levels into plankmaker into profit? Any better suggestions?

4) Are all of my accounts in danger to be banned? Even the ones that are not botted at all? Do jagex still do IP bans?

5) Botting on f2p or p2p any difference in ban chance? If I remember correctly Jagex didn't really care about insane amount of bots on f2p until people pointed it out on reddit or moan to them on twitter

6) Any DO's and DONT's?

Thanks in advance

Basically the more low key the method and your routine is, the better chance you have at survival.

I've had some amazing success with Hashtag's scripts. I've had bots run 24/7 survive for months in recent past.

Are we still the best though? Don't wanna be a heretic but I feel that update in the works is really needed for competition reasons.

Good rule of thumb: low client interaction (afking sandcrabs) = low banrate.

high client interaction (cursing npcs/powermining) = high banrate.

That rule holds true for most but not all things.

Are we still the best though? Don't wanna be a heretic but I feel that update in the works is really needed for competition reasons.

Good rule of thumb: low client interaction (afking sandcrabs) = low banrate.

high client interaction (cursing npcs/powermining) = high banrate.

That rule holds true for most but not all things.

Low interaction such as fishing is high ban rate though due to so many bots?

Low interaction such as fishing is high ban rate though due to so many bots?

I haven't found fishing to be high banrate for myself but it really depends on the fishing. Sharks at fishing guild has a really low banrate from my experience, although their price crashed so it's not even worth doing anymore. 

Although maybe I just got lucky with the fishing because I only ever botted one account to a decent fishing level, then got it banned from something else so I don't have enough experience to know the banrates.

Archived