Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • AutoHotKey 1 tick prayer flick toggle/loop

EJupiter

I'd like to preface by saying I am very new to Runescape so my mechanics are not yet polished, but this also has me a bit stumped.

I made an AHK toggle/loop that simply clicks once, waits ~500 ms, clicks again, waits the difference of ~600 ms (1 game tick?), then loops.  This works for 1 tick pray flicking for around 5-6 repetitions before it no longer syncs correctly and the prayer drops allowing me to get hit.  I have tried a lot of different timings and still get the same issue.

Any advice?

XButton1::

F3Run := !F3Run
       If (!F3Run)
          Return

While (F3Run)
       {

MouseClick, left
    Random, sleep1, 505, 515 ; prayer active
    Sleep sleep1
    Random, sleep2, 595, 605
    sleep4 := sleep2 - sleep1 ; double click speed
    MouseClick, left
    Sleep sleep4
    }
    return

I'd like to preface by saying I am very new to Runescape so my mechanics are not yet polished, but this also has me a bit stumped.

I made an AHK toggle/loop that simply clicks once, waits ~500 ms, clicks again, waits the difference of ~600 ms (1 game tick?), then loops.  This works for 1 tick pray flicking for around 5-6 repetitions before it no longer syncs correctly and the prayer drops allowing me to get hit.  I have tried a lot of different timings and still get the same issue.

Any advice?

XButton1::

F3Run := !F3Run
       If (!F3Run)
          Return

While (F3Run)
       {

MouseClick, left
    Random, sleep1, 505, 515 ; prayer active
    Sleep sleep1
    Random, sleep2, 595, 605
    sleep4 := sleep2 - sleep1 ; double click speed
    MouseClick, left
    Sleep sleep4
    }
    return

It will always eventually outsynch with game ticks, you could learn to do it yourself. Turn on game sounds and activate the prayer, deactive it when the sound comes up again

It will always eventually outsynch with game ticks, you could learn to do it yourself. Turn on game sounds and activate the prayer, deactive it when the sound comes up again

This is a bit odd to me - you're saying there's no way to script it?  How do game ticks unsynch?  That is confusing to think about for me.

I know how to do it manually - that's why I made a script.  It's quite strenuous/annoying.

I was researching if there was a way to start a script based on sounds as a workaround for this issue but couldn't find anything.

This is a bit odd to me - you're saying there's no way to script it?  How do game ticks unsynch?  That is confusing to think about for me.

I know how to do it manually - that's why I made a script.  It's quite strenuous/annoying.

I was researching if there was a way to start a script based on sounds as a workaround for this issue but couldn't find anything.

Well considering you are sleeping a random amount of MS it will eventually lead to outsynch of the game tick you started it on lets say you start it right now

Tick is currently at 0.5/0.6ms, your random sleep has a range of 10 in both cases. Sooner or later the clicks wont be correct anymore to keep up the prayflick

Also sound based scripts are not a thing afaik and would be a pain to implement

Well considering you are sleeping a random amount of MS it will eventually lead to outsynch of the game tick you started it on lets say you start it right now

Tick is currently at 0.5/0.6ms, your random sleep has a range of 10 in both cases. Sooner or later the clicks wont be correct anymore to keep up the prayflick

Also sound based scripts are not a thing afaik and would be a pain to implement

The variance is + or - .005 seconds from exactly 1 game tick.  I doubt this has any meaningful impact on the desynch.  I have tried exact values as well with the same issue, it is also always on the ~5th repetition regardless of values.  Perhaps my in game ping varying would have a bigger impact?

The variance is + or - .005 seconds from exactly 1 game tick.  I doubt this has any meaningful impact on the desynch.  I have tried exact values as well with the same issue, it is also always on the ~5th repetition regardless of values.  Perhaps my in game ping varying would have a bigger impact?

the wait time is not .005 seconds.

the wait time is not .005 seconds.

it subtracts a random value of 595 to 605 ms from the amount of time waited while the prayer is up so that each loop is roughly 600 ms.  Like I said previously I've also tried exact values.  It would help if you pointed out which part of the script you were referring to.

For example, 

While (F3Run)
       {

MouseClick, left

Sleep 500

MouseClick, left

Sleep 100
    }

This still produces the same desync after 5 repetitions.  Is there some mechanic in play that prevents 1 tick pray flicking from not being scripted or are my mechanics/script just wrong?

why are you waiting so long for the second click?

If you could provide me with appropriate timings or explain why my script doesn't work passed ~5 repetitions that would solve my issue.

Well I think that second click is too long. Why dont you record yourself doing one tick flicking using like jitbit or automacrorecorder. See the ms delay between the clicks

Archived