Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Karma, do you believe in it?

Antonio

I would like to hear your opinions on this. I am aware that karma is actually a theory used to explain a cause of evil in Hinduism and Buddhism. Though I am not a Hindu or a Buddhist, I do somehow believe the concept is real through some previous experiences of mine.

Not going to get into detail, but if you don't know what karma is a simple wiki search would give you all the information you need to participate in this thread.

I too believe in it, and although I am not really religious I believe in reincarnation as well.

Interesting. Is that belief reinforced by a previous experience? As for reincarnation, do you believe in it because of its possibility, or because its something that you want? 

I don't believe in it.

Let's take someone who everyone knows for a minute.

Hitler.

Killed 6 million and than some Jews in WWII.

What's the worst that ever happen to him.

I'm not talking small little incidents like, tripping down the stairs or something.

I'm saying big incidents.

1.) He lost WWII

2.) He killed himself or as new FBI files come out, he didn't.

The only major thing that ever happen to Hitler, was that he lost WWII and, might have killed himself, might not have.

But he was never beat like the Jews or starved or his whole family being getting killed right before his eyes.

So if you think about it, it was all just 'stuff' that was bound to happen anyways. 

I don't believe in it.

Let's take someone who everyone knows for a minute.

Hitler.

Killed 6 million and than some Jews in WWII.

What's the worst that ever happen to him.

I'm not talking small little incidents like, tripping down the stairs or something.

I'm saying big incidents.

1.) He lost WWII

2.) He killed himself or as new FBI files come out, he didn't.

The only major thing that ever happen to Hitler, was that he lost WWII and, might have killed himself, might not have.

But he was never beat like the Jews or starved or his whole family being getting killed right before his eyes.

So if you think about it, it was all just 'stuff' that was bound to happen anyways. 

I'm not sure karma works that way, sometimes it's not always obvious to know something bad has happened to someone, or for that matter know if that someone lived a life which they did not enjoy.

I do believe in karma and have since I was a Junior in Highschool. I really can't say if it's real or not, since there is no direct proof; I would be committing a appeal to ignorance to say it does exist. But there is enough personal proof for me to believe, and do my best to stay on karma's good side in fear of negative outcomes.

Bad things happen to good people. Some of the best people I know are the least successful. I know a few extremely successful people, I know a CEO of a fortune 500 company and an owner of a chain of hotels, both live in Florida. I think they are pretty good people, but let me tell you their kids are horrible. Their children have just had everything handed to them and are just awful awful individuals. 

This is just one first hand experience that I have had, several others lead me to believe that karma does not exist. One of my coworkers is Indian and has Karma tattooed on his arm in his native language. I asked him if he really believes in that and he said he doesn't, but it motivates him to be a good person because what he does believe is that doing intrinsically good things can really make you happy. There is just nothing I have seen of experienced that leads me to belive karma exists. However, if you are truly a good person and you live your life the right way, respecting yourself and others, good things will fall in your path.

You do something and then , at some time, something might happen to you as a result of that.

But sometimes not.

Action plus chaos perhaps equals reaction.

I think karma is bs.

I'm not sure karma works that way, sometimes it's not always obvious to know something bad has happened to someone, or for that matter know if that someone lived a life which they did not enjoy.

I do believe in karma and have since I was a Junior in Highschool. I really can't say if it's real or not, since there is no direct proof; I would be committing a appeal to ignorance to say it does exist. But there is enough personal proof for me to believe, and do my best to stay on karma's good side in fear of negative outcomes.

Notorious's Wager

Interesting. Is that belief reinforced by a previous experience? As for reincarnation, do you believe in it because of its possibility, or because its something that you want? 

Yes for some reason when I do something bad then it effects me negatively. For example. On Wednesday and Thursday I got out of being penilised for being late to class by giving the reason I had a nose bleed, and on Friday, and today I have had 5 so far including one as I type this with tissue stuffed up my nose. As for reincarnation, I just cant believe that when you die nothing happens. I dont believe you will have any characteristics of yourself or any memories whatsoever in your new life but its just way I see it.

no

Its in intellectual discussions for a reason. 2 letter responses belong to the spam forum lol.

Yes for some reason when I do something bad then it effects me negatively. For example. On Wednesday and Thursday I got out of being penilised for being late to class by giving the reason I had a nose bleed, and on Friday, and today I have had 5 so far including one as I type this with tissue stuffed up my nose. As for reincarnation, I just cant believe that when you die nothing happens. I dont believe you will have any characteristics of yourself or any memories whatsoever in your new life but its just way I see it.

I've had similar experiences as well. As for "when you die nothing happens", religions do carry a explanation on what happens after death, unless of course you are atheist. 

Archived