Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • downloading error

hungry10111

I am able to download Dreambot, however, it first opened the .jar file in internet explorer, I then proceeded to open it in java. A small black box would appear for a sec then disappear. That is all. The Dreambot program did not open. I downloaded the latest java update and still the same problem occurs. How can i fix this?

I am able to download Dreambot, however, it first opened the .jar file in internet explorer, I then proceeded to open it in java. A small black box would appear for a sec then disappear. That is all. The Dreambot program did not open. I downloaded the latest java update and still the same problem occurs. How can i fix this?

You need to associate Java with Windows. Here is an easy step by step guide.

1. Start "Control Panel"
    2. Click "Default Programs"
    3. Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program"
    4. Double click .jar
    5. Browse C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
    6. Click the button Open
    7. Click the button OK

https://imgur.com/a/zu6nV 

i followed your instructions, however, once i reopened the program after setting it to open with the new javaw.exe nothing happens. The black screen is gone but the program still will not open. I uploaded the picture above to show that on one of your steps the "jre7" that im suppose to open is actually a jre1.8.0_151. The next step of opening bin/javaw.exe is still fine but the program will not open.

You need to associate Java with Windows. Here is an easy step by step guide.

1. Start "Control Panel"
    2. Click "Default Programs"
    3. Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program"
    4. Double click .jar
    5. Browse C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
    6. Click the button Open
    7. Click the button OK

https://imgur.com/a/zu6nV 

i followed your instructions, however, once i reopened the program after setting it to open with the new javaw.exe nothing happens. The black screen is gone but the program still will not open. I uploaded the picture above to show that on one of your steps the "jre7" that im suppose to open is actually a jre1.8.0_151. The next step of opening bin/javaw.exe is still fine but the program will not open.

• 7 months later...

Delete everything to do with DreamBot, Delete all other versions of Java. Then reinstall JRE 1.8.171 FIRST, then the classpaths should be all set for you to download and run the launcher.

@dayday

Archived