Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Checking In

AceKingSuited

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and update y'all on my inactivity.

Starting with Hurricane Irma and being out of power for several days, I got way backlogged both on non-rs related development work and one massive private script I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on. That had me out for a few weeks while I played catch-up. Then I started having car trouble and had to buy a new car which put more financial pressure on me (paying 18% APR on a $18k car gg) which made me realize I wasn't backlogged enough on non-rs related development work to pay for it. So I went out and found more..

Then, just as I was getting ready to get back to scripting/db activity, my macbook's new-ish SSD failed on me which has me suspicious of the macbook itself due to some other power-related problems it has/had. This blows because apparently OneDrive hasn't backed my files up since August 6th. Gg loads of work.

In order to get a new laptop I had to borrow $500 on a 2 week loan, buy a temp laptop, do enough non-db dev work with this temp laptop (what I'm currently doing) to pay off the the loan, return the temp laptop within Best Buy's 14 day return period, and use that $ + a good portion of my paycheck to buy a better laptop (because I can't afford a new top-end macbook pro and will now have to run OSX on a vm for iOS dev)

I also own/develop for another business that is falling way behind on dev because of all this so that is also pressure I will need to alleviate before becoming active again.

All of that being said, I'm still around, and you can still pm me on forums or discord and I will still get back to you when I check it :)

Hope to become more active again when I'm able, and still looking forward to writing some sick scripts both privately and for SDN.

TLDR:

Swamped irl, laptop fucked, doing crazy shit for new laptop atm, will be more active when things cool down

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and update y'all on my inactivity.

Starting with Hurricane Irma and being out of power for several days, I got way backlogged both on non-rs related development work and one massive private script I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on. That had me out for a few weeks while I played catch-up. Then I started having car trouble and had to buy a new car which put more financial pressure on me (paying 18% APR on a $18k car gg) which made me realize I wasn't backlogged enough on non-rs related development work to pay for it. So I went out and found more..

Then, just as I was getting ready to get back to scripting/db activity, my macbook's new-ish SSD failed on me which has me suspicious of the macbook itself due to some other power-related problems it has/had. This blows because apparently OneDrive hasn't backed my files up since August 6th. Gg loads of work.

In order to get a new laptop I had to borrow $500 on a 2 week loan, buy a temp laptop, do enough non-db dev work with this temp laptop (what I'm currently doing) to pay off the the loan, return the temp laptop within Best Buy's 14 day return period, and use that $ + a good portion of my paycheck to buy a better laptop (because I can't afford a new top-end macbook pro and will now have to run OSX on a vm for iOS dev)

I also own/develop for another business that is falling way behind on dev because of all this so that is also pressure I will need to alleviate before becoming active again.

All of that being said, I'm still around, and you can still pm me on forums or discord and I will still get back to you when I check it :)

Hope to become more active again when I'm able, and still looking forward to writing some sick scripts both privately and for SDN.

TLDR:

Swamped irl, laptop fucked, doing crazy shit for new laptop atm, will be more active when things cool down

Sorry to hear about Irma.

You didnt have to purchase a new vehicle, especially since it wasnt in your budget. Its easier to buy a piece of shit and drive it own and clear for a few thousand. It sucks and I do know, owned a BRZ. You always get better deals with cash.

Sorry to hear about Irma.

You didnt have to purchase a new vehicle, especially since it wasnt in your budget. Its easier to buy a piece of shit and drive it own and clear for a few thousand. It sucks and I do know, owned a BRZ. You always get better deals with cash.

I just dumped 2k into the current piece of shit that I did that with less than 2 months ago so I decided I'm not gambling with that anymore. I will refinance the car when I'm able but it seemed like the more stable choice to me. I also only had about $350 to work with to financing was going to be a thing either way. Banks don't like to loan money for low loan-to-value cars, so either way I was gonna get a stupid high rate at a buy here pay here place or at a proper dealership  :)

Glad to hear that your doing alright now.

Things are definitely way better than they could be :D

Apologies to here this, hope it all works out for you!

Thanks! This kind of stuff happens to everybody from time to time, I only posted this to make sure nobody thought I was just trying to bail out of responsibilities or the community or anything like that :)

Archived