Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Bad proxy?

Theorems

So I decided to buy 1 private sock5 proxy from virmach.com just to test it because I had never used a proxy before. I created a new account while browsing though that proxy and only logged in on the proxy. It got disconnected and locked on tutorial island and than once more after 5 minutes of legit playing on the mainland...I already had to recover it twice and the account has only been around 40 minutes...what the heck?

does anybody know what might be going on?

and how do I even check if my dreambot proxy is working correctly? - although I believe it is because when i enter incorrect info dreambot won't even connect to osrs.

So I decided to buy 1 private sock5 proxy from virmach.com just to test it because I had never used a proxy before. I created a new account while browsing though that proxy and only logged in on the proxy. It got disconnected and locked on tutorial island and than once more after 5 minutes of legit playing on the mainland...I already had to recover it twice and the account has only been around 40 minutes...what the heck?

does anybody know what might be going on?

Ya you created a Runescape account from a Datacenter IP. Only residential proxies can be used for account creation :)

Ya you created a Runescape account from a Datacenter IP. Only residential proxies can be used for account creation :)

Oh, what is a datacenter ip? I did buy a private sock5 proxy...

They can tell the difference between a home connection and a server one basically is what I'm trying to say.

Oh damn so how should I have created the account then? my home ip? 

or do you mean the proxy I bought is a datacenter one in which case how do I even get residential ones...

would https://proxy6.net/ be good?

• 1 month later...

I'm literally in the same boat, trying to find a solution now....

The problem was virmach. I switched to proxy6 and have a new account I made maybe a month ago at 12m xp currently and it has never gotten locked once. You can get a refund from virmach.

edit: also since making this post I have literally seen 4 or 5 other posts saying they had the same issue with virmach.

The problem was virmach. I switched to proxy6 and have a new account I made maybe a month ago at 12m xp currently and it has never gotten locked once. You can get a refund from virmach.

edit: also since making this post I have literally seen 4 or 5 other posts saying they had the same issue with virmach.

Virmach was the first proxy service i tried, its absolute trash!

Never go virmach, my proxies all went out within a week n i had to be refunded as well xD

Virmach was the first proxy service i tried, its absolute trash!

Never go virmach, my proxies all went out within a week n i had to be refunded as well xD

Yeah, I think alot of people use them as their first proxy because they have great search engine optimization, but they are really bad when it comes to the actual proxies.

Archived