Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dev Blog #8

Nuclear Nezz

You guys should think about getting an automatic SDN. IMO having to wait a day to push an update isn't really the best system. If you need to do it again later to fix another small bug then you need to wait another day. I really hate this system because of that. You could just make it automatic and check that only .java files and folders are being uploaded and then check if any .java files are grabbing login info. If they're not then there's not much else one could do maliciously other than dropping a user's bank. Most people bot on noob accounts so that shouldn't even be a problem and if it happens the script can be removed right away. In the year that it was available at another bot with the security I mentioned above, nothing bad has happened. 

As for the quick-hop issue, I can confirm that's what happens. It's a problem with every client, not just DreamBot, and something Jagex accidentally did with their DDoS protection patch. 

You guys should think about getting an automatic SDN. IMO having to wait a day to push an update isn't really the best system. If you need to do it again later to fix another small bug then you need to wait another day. I really hate this system because of that. You could just make it automatic and check that only .java files and folders are being uploaded and then check if any .java files are grabbing login info. If they're not then there's not much else one could do maliciously other than dropping a user's bank. Most people bot on noob accounts so that shouldn't even be a problem and if it happens the script can be removed right away. In the year that it was available at another bot with the security I mentioned above, nothing bad has happened. 

As for the quick-hop issue, I can confirm that's what happens. It's a problem with every client, not just DreamBot, and something Jagex accidentally did with their DDoS protection patch. 

Are you kidding?

User starts script -> downloads file from your server -> starts new process -> gf computer

You can mess up someone's computer pretty bad even using Java :P dev's should just incorporate a Security Manager to help prevent malicious attacks.

Are you kidding?

User starts script -> downloads file from your server -> starts new process -> gf computer

You can mess up someone's computer pretty bad even using Java :P dev's should just incorporate a Security Manager to help prevent malicious attacks.

We won't be doing an automated SDN for a while.

And there was definitely a problem with the site you're talking about.

If you push an update, feel free to PM me to get it looked at/pushed quicker.

Archived