Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dev Blog #8

Nuclear Nezz

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's dev blog!

We've had the same items on our list for the last week or two, and I'm happy to say that we are, in fact progressing.

Here are our projects this upcoming week:

We plan on tagging our releases, and creating a separate branch for development.

Using this, if a new release of a client has a bug that we didn't catch, or broke something important, we simply pop it back to the previous release and you guys don't have to worry about it. Then we can fix it without forcing all of you to deal with it. :)

SDN

@eric is going to work on the SDN this week.

He'll be working on finalizing some of the admin aspects of the SDN.

If there are any bugs/suggestions you have for the SDN now is the time to tell him. :)

Walker

@Notorious will be making this his primary focus this week in order to get it up and running.

The walking algorithms we have will still be in use (albeit a bit tweaked), so the majority of the work is already done.

Most of the work he has will be gathering certain pieces of data, and finding an efficient way to save/load parts that we use locally.

Updater

will be making this his primary focus this week in order to further the progress.

Once the updater is up and running it will be automated to run when RS updates. This should lower the downtime of the client on update days.

Interactions

@Chris will be making this his primary focus this week.

We've completely revamped how we handle interactions over the last two weeks, and Chris has been putting a lot of time and effort into completing these changes.

We've made the code neater, more organized, and much, much easier to debug.

Current Issues

There's currently a problem when quickhopping, if you get logged out, on the log in event something messes up and RS responds with "incorrect login", I've been told that when you get logged out after quickhop, your details remain in the login fields so you only have to push enter twice after clicking login. I haven't yet confirmed this myself, so if anyone can confirm it please let me know. @Chris will be looking into it tonight/tomorrow regardless. The proposed solution is to verify the username/password that is currently in the fields instead of assuming the fields are empty when typing.

Walking - this is being reworked at the moment, so any issues that are currently being had with walking will be looked at with our new walking. Until the new walking is released though, unfortunately the issues will be put on hold. If you have any complaints/issues now would be the time to message @Notorious and he'll work on making sure those issues are not in the new walking.

There have been some reports of problems with interactions, these have been fixed in the reworked interactions that @Chris has been working on. If you have any suggestions/complains/feedback now would be the time to tell him. :)

If you have any other complaints/issues/suggestions/feedback on anything in the client, please don't hesitate to message any of the developers.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

Archived