Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Anyone Ever Think of Self-Preservation of the Game?

Grimbles

Sometimes I think about the status of osrs when I'm botting, and how it is doing as a current game in this day and age. I realize this is ironic, because if it wasn't an actual game with some kind of fan base, none of the benefits of farming gold would be there. 

Thinking back to the days when I was a kid playing Runescape in 06-07, I can't imagine the amount of cash that some people probably pulled from botting amongst a game of idiot kids trying to use buckets of sand on cooking ranges. Still, with the growth of the game probably came the growth of botting, so maybe methods and botting technology grew at the same rate that the game and it's community did.

But now I see the game as a specialized segment of people, such as a group who plays because they enjoyed it when they were younger, and a group who tries botting the game for profit (such as Dreambot). So if people botting the game create enough of an unstable change that causes actual players to leave, gold prices will go down, and earning a profit from those rates will be more difficult. However, if actual players enter the game and stay for the long run, causing in-game prices to flourish, botters will be able to reap the benefits of the activity occurring in the game. A good example of this is how low lobster prices have currently dropped in the game.

Some of it has to do with the growth of the game, as I said in the section above; so many methods of playing that are around from the original success of the game are so widely known that everyone and their mother knows how to do it for expected gold profit. Jagex has a responsibility to make new concepts that promote game advancement and promote new players to try the game and hang onto them as loyal customers. For someone who uses the game to benefit, I try my best to bot as smart as I can to allow the game to still flourish, it's the least I can do for leeching money off it's success. Maybe that's even more unethical to try and help while I'm hurting the game, but that's for another long thread post.

Tl;dr The game is a resource for us and if we bot the everliving shit out of it there may be consequences

This excludes RS3 botting, I have no idea how that works or what the state of that version of the game is.

ye thats why every1 asks the big Q; how long will this game last?

things change tho, like who woulda known venezuelas bolivar woulda gone to shit and their ppl would start playing the game for a living.

It will last a long time imo, at the end of the day the majority of the player base is skillers/pvm who love to click and do nothing.

I see botting as beneficial to the game, concerning mostly resource gathering.  It keeps things cheap for the legit players. 

Lastly, with those with p2p farms, we keep the bond demand in check :)

I see botting as beneficial to the game, concerning mostly resource gathering.  It keeps things cheap for the legit players. 

Lastly, with those with p2p farms, we keep the bond demand in check :)

At what points are resources too cheap though that they start affecting the game negatively? 

At what points are resources too cheap though that they start affecting the game negatively? 

I believe that if a resource gets too cheap, farmers will naturally move on the other method unless they're stupid. In this case, the resource's price should recover and then the cycle should continue again, but never reaching a point where something is now worth 1gp.  The demand will keep the prices in check. Lobsters for example will never crash to really low amount, also some items are tied to their alch value, thus protected.

Archived