Welcome to DreamBot

VIP Enhancement

Want to upgrade your DreamBot experience? Consider signing up for VIP!
VIP allows you to run as many accounts as you want, view the forums ad-free, receive 10% off all script purchases, and so much more!
Visit the store to learn about all of these great features!

Upgrade to VIP Now
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Make sure you have Java 8 installed
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS gold? You can purchase vouchers from another users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox

DreamBot is the only Deadman Mode supported bot on the market!

Download the DreamBot client today!

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Wade

Information for New Programmers | Best Resources | Learn Java & Other languages thoroughly!

Hi all,

My name is Jeremy. I am fairly new to the DreamBot community so I'd thought I would share a little wisdom with the community. I am a professional web developer & computer programmer. I mainly develop backend web services (API's, Micro-services, etc..)... I do so for large corporations and clients I get through my contracting business. I've been working as a programmer professionally for over 8 years now. Over the course of my professional career i've seen many changes to the computer programming field, most of them for the better... From the addition of new frameworks, to the addition of newer, faster, more secure programming languages. It is important to keep yourself up-to-date with the newest methods, frameworks, libraries, and the latest versions of the programming languages of your choice.

Over the years, I've constantly had to change my web development stack to keep up with the latest trends, or I wouldn't have a job. I am a visual learner, so I like taking video courses to learn programming (I believe this is the best way to learn programming, whether you are a visual learner or not). It's best to watch the video courses and follow along (actually code what the instructor is teaching you as you go). This has been the most effective way for me to learn new programming languages, and keep up with the newest trends in computer programming. I started out by just using Youtube.com, usually you can find some high quality courses with some pretty good instructors to teach you what you are trying to learn. I've noticed with Youtube the courses aren't always the best. Some aren't finished, some are out-dated, and others the instructors don't really know what they are doing sometimes. I then started using paid courses. I tried sites like Lynda.com, and other sites like Lynda. I've found them to be expensive and most are recurred billing sites. Then 2 years ago I found a great website, Udemy.com. Udemy is a community where anyone can sell there programming courses. The majority of the courses are fixed-price and are usually $10. You can find the best and most reputable courses by there rating, and it also allows you to preview the course. I started using Udemy, and found that most of the courses I would buy were courses I would normally pay hundreds, even thousands for. I recommend anyone who is in the computer programming field or trying to learn programming check this website out. I listed some resources below:

Udemy.com - COUPON: AUG103USN (if it's not working just Google $10 Udemy course coupons)

Complete Java Mastercourse (If you are trying to learn java, I highly recommend this course): https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/

Youtube.com

I highly recommend user https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston (Many awesome free courses you can find them all under his playlists, he has many Java ones)

Anyways, I hope this helps somebody. I am no way affiliated with Udemy.com, I am just very pleased with the courses and I thought I would share.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wade

Edited by Jeremy Wade

Personally, I wouldn't trust a instructor charging me $10 for one on one training. 

I guess it depends who it is but I found a download for the course you posted so Ill try the course out thanks for posting if someone wants it just pm me

I guess it depends who it is but I found a download for the course you posted so Ill try the course out thanks for posting if someone wants it just pm me

That's awesome, I hope you like it. Really helped me out when I was learning Java, its broken up in sections too so it's easy to skip parts that you may not want to learn (i.e. JavaFX).