Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Does Allocating More Memory To The Client Cut Down On CPU?

Grimbles

Title pretty much says it all. I've been messing around with my client settings more and seeing what works and my clients have been crashing horribly. Was trying it out at 300ish memory, is that a noob mistake causing the crashes? My laptop is no where near a powerhouse for specs, it can barely handle five clients. Any additional advice about how to keep performance as optimal as possible is also appreciated

Turn on the CPU Saver option in the client and drop the FPS to about 20. That should lower the CPU used per client by a pretty significant chunk.

I set low mem usage scripts to 512mb, and high mem usage scripts to 1024mb

Turn on the CPU Saver option in the client and drop the FPS to about 20. That should lower the CPU used per client by a pretty significant chunk.

I set low mem usage scripts to 512mb, and high mem usage scripts to 1024mb

How can I find out the mem usage for each script, other than monitoring it myself

How can I find out the mem usage for each script, other than monitoring it myself

I think if it runs for a long period of time without freezing & without the client bugging out (you'll definitely notice it when trying to open a bot's menu) then you're good to go... try reducing your mem usage bit by bit until you find something that fucks your bot up.... Moral of story: trial & error

I think if it runs for a long period of time without freezing & without the client bugging out (you'll definitely notice it when trying to open a bot's menu) then you're good to go... try reducing your mem usage bit by bit until you find something that fucks your bot up.... Moral of story: trial & error

I'm frequently and consistently seeing my bots freeze up, worse than ever before actually. I actually deleted all osrs and dreambot files and reinstalled for a clean start and at first I thought it did the trick, but after some hours they're back to being very clunky and slow.

This creates a ripple effect, because my system has a hard time handling multiple accounts the client and scripts can't perform, thus freezing my proggies

Archived