Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Tutorial Island Auto-Selecting Traditional Bot Builds

Grimbles

Just noticed this today making a new account. I was randomly clicking around on the character customization when all of a sudden the screen closed and I was left with the stereotypical green pants and shirt bald bot with the goatee. I logged out, made a new account, same thing. Switched to another proxy just to see for sure and same problem. I noticed a lot of other characters with the same exact build while finishing the tutorial, maybe 1 or 2 that were original.

So far it doesn't seem like there's any problems with it, but I'm assuming this is some kind of indicator they added to discern players suspected of botting. Is there something that can be done about this so the game doesn't auto-flag the account?

Covert mode was on btw

I thought it was my script bugging out, but the interface closed without running a script huh?

No scripts were running or anything, it happened right in the middle of my own playing.

It's not only in tut island, it's an interface bug. I get it on my main even when I play on OSBuddy (but with the bank)

I'll open the bank, start depositing, bank just randomly closes.

And it causes your character to become the default bot looking character? I saw a guy alching at the ge with that look and it made me wonder if it's to scope out players using third party clients (therefore OSBuddy would also be possible to cause this). It's just a theory, but if it were an interface error I'm not sure why it'd bug the character appearance out to look like Bob lol.

It's not only in tut island, it's an interface bug. I get it on my main even when I play on OSBuddy (but with the bank)

I'll open the bank, start depositing, bank just randomly closes.

it's probably a tool the mods manually use to look for bots. They do all sorts of tricks like this on a regular basis (like teleporting players or giving a bunch of randoms)

The appearance issue is because the appearance window closes before you hit the accept button, and since the appearance of your character isn't finalized until you click accept, closing it without clicking accept defaults you to Bob.

What I meant was that it's a bug in opened interfaces, some of them just randomly close.

If you change your appearance fast and click accept (and it goes through before the interface closes on its own) the appearance will stick.

it's probably a tool the mods manually use to look for bots. They do all sorts of tricks like this on a regular basis (like teleporting players or giving a bunch of randoms)

Possibly.

The appearance issue is because the appearance window closes before you hit the accept button, and since the appearance of your character isn't finalized until you click accept, closing it without clicking accept defaults you to Bob.

What I meant was that it's a bug in opened interfaces, some of them just randomly close.

If you change your appearance fast and click accept (and it goes through before the interface closes on its own) the appearance will stick.

Yeah I figured that. Like I said my bots are still going so I doubt it's something implemented...

I have it too, my tut island script takes the time to change the appearance so now most of my bots are bobs now

When a menu interface error inadvertently causes the population of osrs to become bot-looking characters

Archived