Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • New here, got some questions about learning to write scripts and using proxies.

BoiiXD

Hi guys,

Alot of years ago I tried to write a script for a bot client, not sure which client it was (maybe PowerBot).

I didn't know any coding back then .I only managed to cut some trees and drop my inventory (including my axe I couldn't wield).

About a year ago I started learning C# so I could make games in Unity.

A few months ago I released a simple but decent first game.

I started playing runescape again 1 month ago and I was curious how hard would it be to write scripts myself.

I'm currently following basic Java tutorials and till now alot of it is pretty much the same as in C#.

Now I got multiple questions and I'm hoping some of you guys could give me the answers to it.

- How did you learn to write scripts for DB?

- Are there up to date Dreambot tutorials that teach use how to make a proper script and use the DB API?

- Is it hard to get a grasp on using the DB API?

I'm considering botting again but since my brother and I are also playing on our mains, I'm pretty scared that we are going to get banned.

Especially if it's my brother that gets banned because of my botting usage.

I've read a little about proxies but I want this to be 100% clear for me.

So let's say I have bought 2 proxies, I'm running 4 bots, 2 on each proxy.

And at the same time I'm playing on my main using OSB.

- Is the IP of our home then a 100% safe? Will there be a zero chance of my main getting banned? (This is the most important question for me.)

- What if I bought the correct proxy (Socket 5(or something like that)), I fill it in, I start DB and the proxy isn't correctly typed / false proxy? Will I get an error or will I automatically use my home IP?

- Is a decent PC able to run 4 clients at the same time?

- I read there isn't an official ban rate, but how much times did you guys get banned? (On RS3 I botted for about 20 hours a day for weeks and I didn't get banned.)

- I know we are on the DB site, but based on my questions, which bot client would you advise me to use and why?

Alot of questions, I'm happy if these could be answered, even by answering one of them you would help me out!

Hi guys,

Alot of years ago I tried to write a script for a bot client, not sure which client it was (maybe PowerBot).

I didn't know any coding back then .I only managed to cut some trees and drop my inventory (including my axe I couldn't wield).

About a year ago I started learning C# so I could make games in Unity.

A few months ago I released a simple but decent first game.

I started playing runescape again 1 month ago and I was curious how hard would it be to write scripts myself.

I'm currently following basic Java tutorials and till now alot of it is pretty much the same as in C#.

Now I got multiple questions and I'm hoping some of you guys could give me the answers to it.

- Are there up to date Dreambot tutorials that teach use how to make a proper script and use the DB API?

I'm considering botting again but since my brother and I are also playing on our mains, I'm pretty scared that we are going to get banned.

Especially if it's my brother that gets banned because of my botting usage.

I've read a little about proxies but I want this to be 100% clear for me.

So let's say I have bought 2 proxies, I'm running 4 bots, 2 on each proxy.

And at the same time I'm playing on my main using OSB.

- Is the IP of our home then a 100% safe? Will there be a zero chance of my main getting banned? (This is the most important question for me.)

- What if I bought the correct proxy (Socket 5(or something like that)), I fill it in, I start DB and the proxy isn't correctly typed / false proxy? Will I get an error or will I automatically use my home IP?

- I read there isn't an official ban rate, but how much times did you guys get banned? (On RS3 I botted for about 20 hours a day for weeks and I didn't get banned.)

- I know we are on the DB site, but based on my questions, which bot client would you advise me to use and why?

Alot of questions, I'm happy if these could be answered, even by answering one of them you would help me out!

I take a computer software course at College and just looked through the API and asked around for help when needed, plenty of people are willing to lend a hand if you ask

There are, you will find them around the programming section, I will make an edit and post a link to one if your unable to find it

Not at all take a look for your self, it's not difficult to use

Yes, easily

That was a long time ago, F2P can be hours, members a few days, if it's for skills it will be hard and probably in the end not worth it, if it's for money, worth it just expect to get banned, at that rate a few days tops

Dreambot, if your learning an API this one is probably your best bet, along with the community being the best around, questions get answered in time, you don't have to wait years for your script to be published and pushed to the SDN and the majority of us are helpful people

As far as botting use a proxy on the client (not the OS) if you don't want your main to get banned, if it's a proxy your going to use on the OS, don't play the main at the same time (SOCKS5 proxys)

Good luck

I take a computer software course at College and just looked through the API and asked around for help when needed, plenty of people are willing to lend a hand if you ask

There are, you will find them around the programming section, I will make an edit and post a link to one if your unable to find it

Not at all take a look for your self, it's not difficult to use

Yes, easily

That was a long time ago, F2P can be hours, members a few days, if it's for skills it will be hard and probably in the end not worth it, if it's for money, worth it just expect to get banned, at that rate a few days tops

Dreambot, if your learning an API this one is probably your best bet, along with the community being the best around, questions get answered in time, you don't have to wait years for your script to be published and pushed to the SDN and the majority of us are helpful people

As far as botting use a proxy on the client (not the OS) if you don't want your main to get banned, if it's a proxy your going to use on the OS, don't play the main at the same time (SOCKS5 proxys)

Good luck

Thanks for the quick reaction, it's good to hear that the community responds fast and are willing to lend a hand if needed.

This time, if I will be botting, it won't bot as much as before (20 hours or more).

I'm happy with pretty much all the reactions, but I would like someone else to confirm my question about botting using proxies.

I'm not going to use OSB with a proxy for my main.

But OSB with my home IP for my main, while botting on DB using proxies.

Again thanks for the quick reaction, appreciate it!

Thanks for the quick reaction, it's good to hear that the community responds fast and are willing to lend a hand if needed.

This time, if I will be botting, it won't bot as much as before (20 hours or more).

I'm happy with pretty much all the reactions, but I would like someone else to confirm my question about botting using proxies.

I'm not going to use OSB with a proxy for my main.

But OSB with my home IP for my main, while botting on DB using proxies.

Again thanks for the quick reaction, appreciate it!

No problem, botting on a proxy won't harm your main at all if you never interact with the bot and never let either touch the same IP

You don't get banned for having botted on another account.

I've heard from chain bans, all people on the same IP as the account that botted, get banned also.

That's why I want to use proxies, but I want to be sure that proxies are 100% safe.

I've heard from chain bans, all people on the same IP as the account that botted, get banned also.

That's why I want to use proxies, but I want to be sure that proxies are 100% safe.

I have botted for years honestly and I've gotten banned a lot but I've never been banned on accounts I did not bot on. You can also simply submit a request and get unbanned if you didn't bot on it because they have stated multiple times that botters are always welcome to play legit.

I did experienced chain bans but only on account that I botted on  . I never was banned on an account that I haven't used for botting .  If you re going to bot simultaneously on like 30+ accounts you should get a proxy , maybe . 

I did experienced chain bans but only on account that I botted on  . I never was banned on an account that I haven't used for botting .  If you re going to bot simultaneously on like 30+ accounts you should get a proxy , maybe . 

So you played on let's say your main and 4 bots all on the same IP and you didn't get chain banned? Is that correct?

So you played on let's say your main and 4 bots all on the same IP and you didn't get chain banned? Is that correct?

Imagine if you were botting on your laptop in a hotel or internet cafe or something, if they banned all accounts that played on that IP they would be banning random people lol.

I've had chain bans but only if i've been botting all the accounts. I've never seen an account get banned that didn't bot. 

Archived