Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Gold-farming failure

fudgeboy

I'm unemployed and figured I could make a bit a cash earning RSGP. But damn, I've tried many things but accounts get banned instantly or within a few days.

I've tried running differernt IPs, different scripts, different times but every account gets rekt. Ultimately the time investment in making an account and managing it never pays off. 

It honestly seems like fagex can tell you are using a botting client and they simply ban you whenever they get around to it. 

I'm ready to quit trying. Is it worth buying premium to try covert mode? Is it likely to let fresh accounts last a week at least? 

I'm unemployed and figured I could make a bit a cash earning RSGP. But damn, I've tried many things but accounts get banned instantly or within a few days.

I've tried running differernt IPs, different scripts, different times but every account gets rekt. Ultimately the time investment in making an account and managing it never pays off. 

It honestly seems like fagex can tell you are using a botting client and they simply ban you whenever they get around to it. 

I'm ready to quit trying. Is it worth buying premium to try covert mode? Is it likely to let fresh accounts last a week at least? 

Buy tut accounts for 125k ea, buy like 20 of em for 2M or so. Forget proxies unless you're running 8+,  if so then split them up on different ips.

Start f2p suiciding your bots. (Running them from beginning to end) 

Only issue at hand, 7 quest point requirement to trade certain items. My advice? Tan cowhide on like 4 accounts on a daily basis until you understand for yourself how bans will effect your farm. (tanning doesn't req 7qp) If you want to go for a different method, just use a quest script to get you 7qp, then move on to chopping oaks, or mining iron/clay. Just remember what your ultimate goal is- and that is to turn a profit of some sort. 

So, that means you should mule once your bot tans (x) amount of hides. 

low investment, low risk, expected bans. 

You won't make hardly any irl money doing that at a small scale, but you could rent out a vps or dedi for $40> a month and run 10-15 as much as possible. Basically you should learn the gist of things before diving into the more profitable p2p methods. Weekends are great.

Goodluck,

almonds.

Thanks for the honest advice man. I imagine you actually being Rick and this is how you earn cash hah. 

I will have to try F2P botting after all. 

Supporting yourself off gold farming is going to be super tough if you haven't already found out what works and what doesn't. I would be really careful for a while and find some other source of income while you find out what works.

If you haven't gotten covert yet, you will most likely see a difference when you switch. Without covert, my ban rate was pretty high. 

Whatever methods you try, start small and see what your ban rates are like, how much gp/hour it's bringing in, etc.

I had a relatively successful lava dragon bot farm for a bit but then 16/21 of the accounts got banned in one night. Shit happens.

Many things influence your ban rate. How common the method is, how many people use your script, how new the accounts are, how many accounts have recently been banned on that ip, etc. There is a reason people pay > $100 for private scripts of things that are already publicly available. Gold farming without some sort of investment is pretty rough.

Learn Jagex's work hours.  This would at least help you have times to xfer over the earnings.  Usually a 24 hour loop should at least recover your investments if they're fast-made accounts.  Don't try long-term builds, until you start understanding how bans work.  Happy botting =x

Don't be afraid to run your bots into the ground, for starting out it's better to record and experiment different methods to figure out what works best for you. You can have 5-6 bots and still not make any ground without a plan.

Archived