Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • General Walking/Pathing

SpareGold

My roomate and i recently started our own botting opertation using RSBot. After writing a few scripts in that Api and using it for a few weeks we found dreambot and wanted to make the switch because of the scheduling and account handling dreambot allows, as well as the fact that dreambot does not have a running time limit like RSBot. I started writing a simple cow killer/hide collector last night, but when I got to the banking part I got a little lost. RSBot has some pretty easy methods in place for traversing a path to and from somewhere and I have become quite used to it. I realized dreambot was missing this type of method and started coming up with my own algorithm to correctly traverse paths despite starting position and obstacles. I was wondering if I could continue writing this algorithm or if I missed something in the api that makes the entire path traversal a little more simple. Right now all I can see is a few walk-to specific tile functions and some obstacle detection. Should I continue writing a traversal method or is there something I missed/

Thank you,

SpareGold

My roomate and i recently started our own botting opertation using RSBot. After writing a few scripts in that Api and using it for a few weeks we found dreambot and wanted to make the switch because of the scheduling and account handling dreambot allows, as well as the fact that dreambot does not have a running time limit like RSBot. I started writing a simple cow killer/hide collector last night, but when I got to the banking part I got a little lost. RSBot has some pretty easy methods in place for traversing a path to and from somewhere and I have become quite used to it. I realized dreambot was missing this type of method and started coming up with my own algorithm to correctly traverse paths despite starting position and obstacles. I was wondering if I could continue writing this algorithm or if I missed something in the api that makes the entire path traversal a little more simple. Right now all I can see is a few walk-to specific tile functions and some obstacle detection. Should I continue writing a traversal method or is there something I missed/

Thank you,

SpareGold

Actually we have multiple ways to create paths and walk them!

One of the easiest ways to achieve this would be to use LocalPath, which you can add the tiles you would like to your path just like you would using a java.util.List, then to actually walk the path you would use the walk() method inside of LocalPath!

Though at the moment @Pandemic and myself have been creating a new data system for our web walker, so that when you use getWalking().walk(Tile) if will be able to walk anywhere in the map! This update should be coming out very soon I hope, and we will have a announcement once we do release it letting everyone know of the changes!

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I will definitely be checking that out once my classes are finished today! Does LocalPath combined with walk work anywhere along the path? For example, say my path is from the lumbridge cow field to the front of the castle. If I am on the bridge that crosses the river near the goblins, is it able to determine that/walk to lumbridge castle without walking to the first tile which would be located in the cow field?

Okay, I get it now. Sorry, I was testing methods last night and wrote this post this morning. When i went back and looked I had been using clickTileOnMinimap() which makes sense as to why it was happening. getWalking().walk(destinationTile) worked exactly like it needed to. Thank you very much. 

Archived