Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client Detection?

Khazba

Hi guys,

This is my first time Botting Runescape. 

Although I have many years experience botting other games. 

I created a new account, completed the starting area. OSRS. 

Then leveled all my combat skills to 5/5/5 manually. 

After this I downloaded Dreambot and ran the "Hit a Chicken" Script. 

My account was banned in less than 3 hours. 

I was watching the bot the entire time and nothing 'unusual' happened. 

There was also very few other people at the Lumbridge chicken farm at those times. 

My rotation;

Botted 49mins

32 min break (on the timer)

Botted for 73 mins. 

Logged in this morning. Banned. 

I thought I'd flag this so others are aware.

I'm not saying it was definitely client detection. But in my experience, its the only time bans happen that fast.

Hi guys,

This is my first time Botting Runescape. 

Although I have many years experience botting other games. 

I created a new account, completed the starting area. OSRS. 

Then leveled all my combat skills to 5/5/5 manually. 

After this I downloaded Dreambot and ran the "Hit a Chicken" Script. 

My account was banned in less than 3 hours. 

I was watching the bot the entire time and nothing 'unusual' happened. 

There was also very few other people at the Lumbridge chicken farm at those times. 

My rotation;

Botted 49mins

32 min break (on the timer)

Botted for 73 mins. 

Logged in this morning. Banned. 

I thought I'd flag this so others are aware.

I'm not saying it was definitely client detection. But in my experience, its the only time bans happen that fast.

Mate, don't expect to make an account and start botting instantly then not get banned in the morning. Especially if you aren't a member, or your account hasn't been active for longer than 3 days.

There is nothing wrong with this client, the real problem is the user who isn't completely aware of the gold farming prevention measures Jagex implemented. 

Sorry,

I wasn't necessarily blaming the client. It was a suggestion.

It's entirely possible that it wasn't. 

Please read my last statement. 

I'll elaborate further, the new account is now 23 days old. I know better than to start a 'fresh' account on any game and bot. 

Admittedly, I normally wait longer. But I got impatient. :D

I was flagging this as a potential issue for the developers and/or the community. 

If that isn't worth 'jack shit' then I guess that says a lot about the community. 

Thanks for your time. 

Enjoy Botting. 

Mate, don't expect to make an account and start botting instantly then not get banned in the morning. Especially if you aren't a member, or your account hasn't been active for longer than 3 days.

There is nothing wrong with this client, the real problem is the user who isn't completely aware of the gold farming prevention measures Jagex implemented. 

Hey, what were some of these measures, do you have a post? Thanks.

Hey, what were some of these measures, do you have a post? Thanks.

Most methods are just from trial and error if everyone used the same measures then it wouldn't really work.

• 3 years later...

Just gotta say botting must not be possible anymore or runescape hates my ip from 10 yrs ago lol.

Started new account never botted used dreambots client forgot i had opened it was thinking about trying it then I thought you no what im gonna make this a good account like back in the day closed client used rs client did some fishing woodcutting mining then went to do a few quest woke up the next day and banned, Never even botted lol oh well ill never play this game again runescapes loss might of even become a member again like the old days. After losing my main account 10 years ago I did 95% legit lol had level 99s on a few things party hats was rich mostly from my own work and 5% boting or less to be completely honest. Im not complaining just here to share my story, I was in the wrong by botting years ago and to go back to the same thing being legit now seems completely pointless to me. Good luck to all legit players that work hard on there account and have nobody to appeal to after a innocent ban with or without botting.

• 1 month later...
    On 1/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, SeanL said:

Just gotta say botting must not be possible anymore or runescape hates my ip from 10 yrs ago lol.

Started new account never botted used dreambots client forgot i had opened it was thinking about trying it then I thought you no what im gonna make this a good account like back in the day closed client used rs client did some fishing woodcutting mining then went to do a few quest woke up the next day and banned, Never even botted lol oh well ill never play this game again runescapes loss might of even become a member again like the old days. After losing my main account 10 years ago I did 95% legit lol had level 99s on a few things party hats was rich mostly from my own work and 5% boting or less to be completely honest. Im not complaining just here to share my story, I was in the wrong by botting years ago and to go back to the same thing being legit now seems completely pointless to me. Good luck to all legit players that work hard on there account and have nobody to appeal to after a innocent ban with or without botting.

you bumped a 3 year old post to say this?

Archived