Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Help] IntelliJ GUI design

Cardozz

Ello,

So i'm used to Eclipse and was trying out IntelliJ again. However when I used IntelliJ I found that it had a horrible GUI builder, well, compared to Eclipse Windowbuilder. 

I like to build my GUI's undecorated for a cleaner look. Yet I don't seem to understand how to do this in IntelliJ.

I feel like IntelliJ is very nice for coding in general, but just the GUI design bothers me. Yes.. I know how to build a GUI without a builder, but I like to use a builder to speed up my coding.

Anyone knows how to do this, or is GUI building in general a pain in IntelliJ?

I recommend the plugin JFormDesigner.

File > Settings > Plugins > Browse repositories > JFormDesigner

I recommend the plugin JFormDesigner.

File > Settings > Plugins > Browse repositories > JFormDesigner

But it asks me for a registration key  :unsure:

Get an .edu account to to get a free registration for Intellij. Also its better to hand make your GUIs instead of using builders.

I know, honestly I always just make the basic layout with a builder and then top it off with hand code :P

What is a .edu account by the way and how does this help?

Edit: How does IntelliJ Ultimate help me here? Does it have a better (G)UI designer or?

Ello,

So i'm used to Eclipse and was trying out IntelliJ again. However when I used IntelliJ I found that it had a horrible GUI builder, well, compared to Eclipse Windowbuilder. 

I like to build my GUI's undecorated for a cleaner look. Yet I don't seem to understand how to do this in IntelliJ.

I feel like IntelliJ is very nice for coding in general, but just the GUI design bothers me. Yes.. I know how to build a GUI without a builder, but I like to use a builder to speed up my coding.

Anyone knows how to do this, or is GUI building in general a pain in IntelliJ?

You could always create the GUI in eclipse and just copy the .java file it creates to your intellij script. 

I know, honestly I always just make the basic layout with a builder and then top it off with hand code :P

What is a .edu account by the way and how does this help?

Edit: How does IntelliJ Ultimate help me here? Does it have a better (G)UI designer or?

By .edu account he means an email with a .edu domain. Aka any school/college.

Archived