Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why The Account Market Sucks

pharaoh

Hi, today I will be explaining reasons on why the Account section of the forums is super fucked for everyone.

Pros:

• It's a "free" market
    • Anyone can sell an account without hassle

Cons:

• Anyone can sell an account
    • There are no checks on the users
    • Scammers galore
    • It's retarded and fucked
    • Probably more

So, as most everyone knows, you don't need to have your thread verified or checked when making an account sell, which makes it fuck easy for scammers to post accounts without anyone checking them. Why? Sure, some people have a decent brain capacity and common sense and don't necessarily want to post a to to sell an account, but like, why. Why are there no checks for account sells? That is so fucking stupid. It does not take a lot for a staff member to check the users IP, and make sure it is clean and clear. Maybe they are too busy or something, fuck knows, but something needs to be implemented for this, because as we (the sum of us that have a functioning brain with common sense) are tired of seeing these rats infest the forums with their autism. There has been a splurge of these rats on the forums, but they only get noticed when someone trades them and (usually) fails to make a dispute, or enough people complain to where someone finally makes a dispute. Why? Fuck knows either. 

Maybe we just need a Market Section Moderator or something. Sure, then it comes as to who Staff see fit for that position, and I suppose that is time consuming and a lot of debating but, probably, worth adding or discussing because there are too many scams. 

I think there should be a user group requirement for the market sections. So random new members can't register and use the market without purchasing VIP or being part of another market enabled group.

Hi, today I will be explaining reasons on why the Account section of the forums is super fucked for everyone.

Pros:

• It's a "free" market
    • Anyone can sell an account without hassle

Cons:

• Anyone can sell an account
    • There are no checks on the users
    • Scammers galore
    • It's retarded and fucked
    • Probably more

So, as most everyone knows, you don't need to have your thread verified or checked when making an account sell, which makes it fuck easy for scammers to post accounts without anyone checking them. Why? Sure, some people have a decent brain capacity and common sense and don't necessarily want to post a to to sell an account, but like, why. Why are there no checks for account sells? That is so fucking stupid. It does not take a lot for a staff member to check the users IP, and make sure it is clean and clear. Maybe they are too busy or something, fuck knows, but something needs to be implemented for this, because as we (the sum of us that have a functioning brain with common sense) are tired of seeing these rats infest the forums with their autism. There has been a splurge of these rats on the forums, but they only get noticed when someone trades them and (usually) fails to make a dispute, or enough people complain to where someone finally makes a dispute. Why? Fuck knows either. 

Maybe we just need a Market Section Moderator or something. Sure, then it comes as to who Staff see fit for that position, and I suppose that is time consuming and a lot of debating but, probably, worth adding or discussing because there are too many scams. 

I've mentioned since this January I think it was. The overall outcome is let the unprepared be scammed and let the scammers continue, just a circle of scamming anyway.

I've mentioned since this January I think it was. The overall outcome is let the unprepared be scammed and let the scammers continue, just a circle of scamming anyway.

Yeah, I know.

> 7 day delay on all accounts before allowing them to create a thread in the >The Black Market section

> Threads require a moderators approval before posting unless user has VIP title

One of the issues is that the account evaders (generally) use proxies, VPN's, VPS's, whatever.

Not all of these users are immediately linked through their IP.

Forcing someone to *purchase* a rank in order to use the market is silly to me. It also wouldn't stop anyone from selling a 100 dollar account if they had to purchase just the VIP trial to get past that.

As far as requiring account life to post in the market, I honestly don't even know if ipb supports that. I'm fairly certain the last time I tried something similar, you had to put the new user in a new rank, which auto transitioned over to a different rank after a certain period of time, and you just took away the right to post on the initial rank.

Problem is we don't have that implemented anymore, which leads me to believe it just didn't work as intended (this happens often with ipb)

I mean the bottom line of *all* market activity regardless of any precaution we implement as a forum, you need to know who you're trading. People will slip through the cracks, regardless of what we do.

When that happens, it's *still* up to you to know who you're trading, to be cautious. This is the internet, guys. It's seriously not difficult for a person to make a new identity and come here.

I'm going to go on a limb and say a majority of the "randoms joining and selling on the market" is the cacheton person who continues to make new accounts.

I've had so many accounts reported to me simply because "they don't speak english"

To be clear, that is NOT enough to ban an account.

As far as a market mod goes, it's been discussed and is still being discussed. When it was previously brought up the market didn't really have enough activity to warrant a new mod for it. Since it seems the market is starting to get more active, then sure there's a chance it'll happen. I just have no idea who we would actually give it to.

No proof = no ban.

That's pretty much the bottom line, as far as Trump's "Let the scammers continue" statement.

If someone scams and nobody reports it, what do you seriously expect us to do?

One of the issues is that the account evaders (generally) use proxies, VPN's, VPS's, whatever.

Forcing someone to *purchase* a rank in order to use the market is silly to me. It also wouldn't stop anyone from selling a 100 dollar account if they had to purchase just the VIP trial to get past that.

As far as requiring account life to post in the market, I honestly don't even know if ipb supports that. I'm fairly certain the last time I tried something similar, you had to put the new user in a new rank, which auto transitioned over to a different rank after a certain period of time, and you just took away the right to post on the initial rank.

Problem is we don't have that implemented anymore, which leads me to believe it just didn't work as intended (this happens often with ipb)

I mean the bottom line of *all* market activity regardless of any precaution we implement as a forum, you need to know who you're trading. People will slip through the cracks, regardless of what we do.

When that happens, it's *still* up to you to know who you're trading, to be cautious. This is the internet, guys. It's seriously not difficult for a person to make a new identity and come here.

I'm going to go on a limb and say a majority of the "randoms joining and selling on the market" is the cacheton person who continues to make new accounts.

I've had so many accounts reported to me simply because "they don't speak english"

As far as a market mod goes, it's been discussed and is still being discussed. When it was previously brought up the market didn't really have enough activity to warrant a new mod for it. Since it seems the market is starting to get more active, then sure there's a chance it'll happen. I just have no idea who we would actually give it to.

No proof = no ban.

That's pretty much the bottom line, as far as Trump's "Let the scammers continue" statement.

Some don't know any better and get themselves scammed. We've got a few guides on scamming and it doesn't really deter it, the problem is people simply don't know any better. That's why I said just let it continue because it will as long people continue supporting these scammers. If people get scammed it's their own fault for not spending extra for a more reputable seller or using common sense. It's not staff job to hand hold people who don't know any better.

A new market mod would be nice, someone who ensures the rules and let's users know within a post that "hey heads up this seller could be a scammer because blah blah blah and blah". I know a scammer when i see one and i've prevented several, but i'm not gonna be set with harassment warnings for saying this guy might scam you beware sorta thing. I'll leave that to the staff to decide.

No proof = no ban.

I wish it were easier. Thanks for the input. 

No proof = no ban.

I agree on that you don't need a rank to pay bc that is dumb.

But do you think you'd could at least add threads needing to be approved by a staff member before being posted?

I can agree scamming sucks but what realistically can we do about it? You require approval? What difference is that going to make apart from it taking longer to have your account appear, IP check, clear VPN/proxy done. Approve, scam. Same circle it won't make a difference

Archived