Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot's First Scripting Competition!

Pandemic

i think you misunderstood it, he meant more experienced scripters should do that to give the less experienced scripters a better chance

yeah i know what you mean however in the end, beginners do not stand a chance, i am not a beginner, but i do not think i will stand a chance either.

this way, this will force beginners to think more, even if they don't win, they will have learned to script on a different level than their original state.

Or that is my reasoning.

o

I bet every scripter here have implementation of complex shit on other bots they can c&p this and what? They will have insta win.

true, but that would basically mean cheating and scripters tend to have huge ego, well the ones i know atleast, they'd make scripts and from scratch.

yeah i know what you mean however in the end, beginners do not stand a chance, i am not a beginner, but i do not think i will stand a chance either.

this way, this will force beginners to think more, even if they don't win, they will have learned to script on a different level than their original state.

Or that is my reasoning.

true, but that would basically mean cheating and scripters tend to have huge ego, well the ones i know atleast, they'd make scripts and from scratch.

Just limit to api calls instead writing own. Thats what i suggest.

I probably won't participate, unfamiliar with API.

pretty much every bot has the same api, it'd probably take 5 minutes to get used to it lol

The only big things that are different with the DreamBot API compared to other bots is Item Containers and the fact that they use a non-static API. The non-static API doesn't make a big difference to you as a scripter, since it was made in a way so that you just have to add get____() around class names most of the time, and you can read about Item Containers here: http://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1054-guide-using-the-new-item-containers/

Archived