Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot's First Scripting Competition!

Pandemic

Having a participant list shouldn't affect anything. Devs will still be able to judge each script blindly. :P

Obviously one person will have to know which script belongs to who though, not sure how they'll figure that out.

My reasoning for that suggestion is that there will be a greater want to participate if there's few competitors and you think you'll have a good chance to place. It also would be nice to actually know who the competitors are. xD

My reasoning for that suggestion is that there will be a greater want to participate if there's few competitors and you think you'll have a good chance to place. It also would be nice to actually know who the competitors are. xD

Maybe we could have the participant list, but scripts will still be judged blindly. I think that sounds fair. A main concern of mine is that the judges may feel more pressured to give the advantage to a scripter or a scripter++ because of his rank. :D

Maybe we could have the participant list, but scripts will still be judged blindly. I think that sounds fair. A main concern of mine is that the judges may feel more pressured to give the advantage to a scripter or a scripter++ because of his rank. :D

This should probably be a split competition then. One for people that know how to use conditional sleeps, Widgets, Settings and other more advanced stuff and one for noobies. Let's be honest, a noobie has no chance vs like Polish, DefCon and other advanced scripters that will enter unless they go HAM or do something popular and easy like a mercher with Zybez support that would yeild them votes because of the idea...

This should probably be a split competition then. One for people that know how to use conditional sleeps, Widgets, Settings and other more advanced stuff and one for noobies. Let's be honest, a noobie has no chance vs like Polish, DefCon and other advanced scripters that will enter unless they go HAM or do something popular and easy like a mercher with Zybez support that would yeild them votes because of the idea...

Possibly. I'd be in favor of a split competition, although we may not have enough scripters to hold 2 competitions at the same time (not sure on that). I agree with you though, noobie scripters will have no chance vs the advanced scripters, but as Eliot has stated..

If you do well in this competition you will be considered for our Scholar rank.

Although noobie scripters won't win, they do have a shot at the scholar rank. As for easy scripts with good ideas, it has nothing to do with the criteria stated in the original post. :)

worst possible idea you could give for beginners, if they want a chance to win, they need to up their game.

o

I bet every scripter here have implementation of complex shit on other bots they can c&p this and what? They will have insta win.

o

I bet every scripter here have implementation of complex shit on other bots they can c&p this and what? They will have insta win.

inb4 everyone is still using #validate -> #execute task framework

worst possible idea you could give for beginners, if they want a chance to win, they need to up their game.

i think you misunderstood it, he meant more experienced scripters should do that to give the less experienced scripters a better chance

inb4 everyone is still using #validate -> #execute task framework

I like putting 2,000 lines of code in the loop. It makes my script dank.

Archived