Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How long do you leave on your computer?

AsBakedAsCake

I leave mine on 24/7. What components are you concerned about damaging? Are you over clocking something? If you arent over clocking and arent using a 10+ year old system, you probably don't need to worry about damaging anything. The computer would almost certainly shutdown if anything overheated before it got hot enough to do damage. For example, if you remove the fan and heat sink from the CPU and try to power on the computer it will automatically shutdown after a few seconds due to overheating.

Is there a risk of the computer not shutting down and causing a fire?

Is there a risk of the computer not shutting down and causing a fire?

There is a very low risk of your computer ever causing a fire. Most boards are flame retardant, and the components would all shutdown or fail (causing a shutdown) before they would come close to causing a fire. The most likely cause of a fire from your computer would be a broken power cord (internal wires exposed), dust building up in your fans being exposed to extreme temperatures, or some kind of electrical overload from something like lightning striking your house. You can easily take action prevent all of those by checking your power cord, cleaning your fans, and purchasing/using a surge protector.

What if it burns down your house and your whole family dies though. Don't task the risk - stop botting today!!

I'd be okay with that :P

No but in all seriousness, i've just done a 24 hr session and nothing is above 45 degrees celcius

still everything mostly in 30s

Archived