Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How long do you leave on your computer?

AsBakedAsCake

How long do you guys leave your computer on for botting? At what point is there a risk of damaging components? Just wondering because this is always something i'm worried about.

(Desktop computer, not a laptop)

I've always been leaving my laptop running (over 2 years passed by so far)... I shutdown/restart it every now and then when I need to take it with me somewhere...

I've always been leaving my laptop running (over 2 years passed by so far)... I shutdown/restart it every now and then when I need to take it with me somewhere...

Good to know, I'll start doing longer sessions :P

I mean i only bot like 18 hours a day using about 50% cpu. Just wanted to know if i'm really doing that much damage if any to my computer. (only 6 month old haha)

Good to know, I'll start doing longer sessions :P

I mean i only bot like 18 hours a day using about 50% cpu. Just wanted to know if i'm really doing that much damage if any to my computer. (only 6 month old haha)

Google it, if you want to be sure as most of us would have to do the same.  :lol:

^This.

I don't bot on my laptop, but I use it everyday for checking my bots, so it's virtually on 24/7.  I ocassionally shut it down, mostly just put it to sleep when I sleep.  Years, as well.  Went on vacation a bit worried my laptop would die on me - the fear is real.  Always have a backup! 

Check ur pc components' temperatures using a program and if its quite high, you should consider upgrading cooling if you want to leave it on for a long time

Check ur pc components' temperatures using a program and if its quite high, you should consider upgrading cooling if you want to leave it on for a long time

Edit: Found a program, everything is 40 celcius or under after 10 hours. Is this considered decent? Everything is mostly in the 30s

Edit: Found a program, everything is 40 celcius or under after 10 hours. Is this considered decent? Everything is mostly in the 30s

thats just above idling temp depending on the temp of your room, its basically doing nothing to your temps.

I leave mine on 24/7. What components are you concerned about damaging? Are you over clocking something? If you arent over clocking and arent using a 10+ year old system, you probably don't need to worry about damaging anything. The computer would almost certainly shutdown if anything overheated before it got hot enough to do damage. For example, if you remove the fan and heat sink from the CPU and try to power on the computer it will automatically shutdown after a few seconds due to overheating.

Archived