Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Intense framerate drops

Fariscus

I'm noticing this behavior in the client after not using it for several months. It looks like in certain situations the rendering performance of the client drops severely (sub 10 fps it looks like). It's not clear what causes it but it does happen consistently in different situations (i.e. in an astrals script, it always happens right as the player runs up to the altar). Normally I couldn't care less, as the bot is doing all the work, but I'm 99% certain the client tends to drop inputs when this happens. Monitoring the fps using the overlay is also broken, it's constantly reporting 62 fps.

Additionally, fps buffer control seems to do nothing, though I don't remember it working in the past either.

[uPDATE] Playing with it a little more it happens when right-click menus in the inventory are open. Right-click menus open in the game world are fine.

[uPDATE2] This happens on os x, windows 10, and ubuntu 16.04. I did a total wipe of java on windows 10, and the ubuntu install was from scratch. I'd say this is definitely a clientside issue.

[uPDATE3] Just to further specify, this was tested with 512mb, 2gb, and 4gb, java8u144 x86 and x64 (clean installs each time, related files in \appdata manually removed before install). At this point i'm honestly stumped. This wasn't happening in January (last time i was actively using the client).

Archived