Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • NPC Storage (Distance)

Booshotti

Hello,

I am curious what is the best way to store NPC's, Currently I am getNpcs().closest and I wanted to know if it's better to use a for loop to add NPC's to a list and then compare distance? I have noticed that my script sometimes doesn't go to the closest as at the time of the execution of the attack part of the script.

Say I have an if statement that checks the closest and then within the if statement the closest has changed to another one because the NPCs are moving it will go a little crazy sometimes, I was thinking of doing getNpcs.all() and then sorting them within a List based on the distance so we can always go to the second closest NPC if the first closest has changed if that makes sense?

I am at Rock Crabs so whilst attacking new idle rocks will spawn and it will choose the idle rock that is further away from the actual closest.

well something you can do is

for (NPC i : getNpcs().all()) {

}

and in that just compare distance

That was what I was thinking, Would you consider that to be more efficient than npc.closest()?

That was what I was thinking, Would you consider that to be more efficient than npc.closest()?

well you can check each npc this way for the things you wanna check rather then only the closest one  for example if the closest ons doesn't have the attack option but the 2nd closest does then its gonna be hard to get that info using .closest

I'm pretty sure closest filters them on distance and you seem like the only one who has the problem where its not getting the closest entity. So are you sure its not other parts of your code?

public T getBest(Evaluator<T> evaluator, List<T> objects){
    T out = null;
    double best = Double.MAX_VALUE;
    if(objects.size() == 0){
    System.out.println("No objects to evaluate");
    return null;
    }
    for(T i:objects){
    double tmp;
    if((tmp = evaluator.evaluate(i)) < best){
    best = tmp;
    out = i;
    }
    }
    return out;
    }
    public abstract class Evaluator <C> {
    public abstract double evaluate(C i);
    }

I'm pretty sure closest filters them on distance and you seem like the only one who has the problem where its not getting the closest entity. So are you sure its not other parts of your code?

It's really hard to explain what is going on, I will try the loop method anyway because right now I am limited on what I can check with the NPC's because it's only doing closest.

Archived