Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • ⭐ Prime Script Reviews ⭐

Prime

⭐ Prime Script Reviews 

Mission Statement

Here, I will be providing my honest, unbiased reviews for each script I've tried at DreamBot. To begin with, I will review the public (free and paid) scripts on our script store and I may move on to review the quality of commissions from some of our private scripters here, too.

My goals with these reviews are:

- To encourage higher quality content from script authors

- To bring attention to and promote high-effort authors who properly maintain and upkeep their works

- To warn users of abandoned scripts that no longer work and are no longer properly maintained by their authors

- To discourage low-quality content, with faulty promises, made with the clear purpose of reaping sales from uninformed buyers

- To encourage authors to be responsible with their products

Score System

The scoring for each script is based on:

- Quality of script weighed against price of script

- Ability of script to perform advertised and intended purpose

- Ability of script to deliver on stated and promised features

- Banrate of script weighed against expected banrate for its purpose and activity

- When applicable, attentiveness of script author to valid user-submitted suggestions and issues

Reviews

This is what you came for. I want my script reviews to have a positive focus, so I will begin with some script recommendations.

Mr. Combat

Category: Combat

Price: FREE

Thread

Add Script

Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Recently released a few months ago, Mr. Combat is a versatile script that can handle almost every combat-related task. It's free but don't let that speak badly of its quality. It's one of the best scripts on DreamBot for its purpose, and even beats most paid alternatives. Works as advertised. Unfortunately, it looks like the author is not so active on the forums anymore. If he continues to maintain this script, there's no reason that this script shouldn't continue to be one of the best free script offerings on DreamBot.

Last Reviewed: 7/23/17

TrumpWalk

Category: Utility

Price: FREE

Thread

Add Script

Released some months ago, TrumpWalk has become a popular utility script on DreamBot. Configurable with both QuickStart or a GUI, this script will allow easy, reliable transportation for your accounts to the most commonly accessed areas of RuneScape. Works as advertised and doesn't pretend to be something more. Also, the author is an active user of these forums, so you can go directly to him if you have questions or problems.

#1 Magic

Category: Magic

Price: $4.99

Thread

Add Script

Released over a year ago, #1 Magic remains true to its name. It is an extremely versatile magic script with many functionalities that will give you plenty of options for moneymaking and powerleveling magic. Whether it's alchemy, enchanting, splashing, teleporting, this script will handle it almost flawlessly. It is impressive performance and despite being a widely popular script, I don't notice any heightened rate of bans from it.

ReRecoil Ring

Category: Magic

Price: $1.99

Thread

Add Script

Score: Highly recommended that you do not buy, in its current state

Update: The author has taken the script off the SDN.

This script, as its title suggests, revolves around enchanting sapphire rings to make rings of recoil. This was my first script purchase ever on DreamBot. I liked the script's description and listed features. The fact that it came with GE support and muling, all for just $2 seemed too attractive.

This script suffers from underlying problems that you will only witness after you've bought the script. The script is disastrous to run unattended, which defeats much of its automated features. It has no fail-safes in regards to GE prices, and as such, will continue enchanting, quick-buying and quick-selling, even when it's quickly making you lose money. As this is a problem that can be more so attributed to market conditions, I will only fault the script to the extent of its claims that it should make you amazing GP/hour.

The most damaging and overwhelming problem is the script's "anti-ban". Users of the script can attest this script is an absolute death sentence to use on any of your accounts, and it is not uncommon to see a ban within just hours of runtime. Even among enchanting scripts which have high banrates already, it stands out for having an abnormally higher rate of bans. The process in which the script enchants your recoil rings is always the same; it will enchant a random sapphire ring in your inventory, each time. The human way to enchant would be in a linear order, iterating through the inventory slots. Otherwise, how else would you keep track of which rings have already been enchanted? Sapphire ring and ring of recoil look identical in the inventory. For this enchanting to be legitimate, it would have to be a human player that can perfectly memorize each random click he has made in the last minute, with zero margin of error. I would even not fault this aspect of the script so heavily if it did not claim to have a "human-like" anti-ban. To give credit to the script author, it may be the script's popularity that have caused its patterns to become glaringly obvious to the automated bot detection systems.

If you read the thread, you'd see dozens of posted complaints and issues regarding the script. Yet, you would have to scroll back five whole months in the thread to see the last post the script author has made on it. Even then, the post is about payment in regards to purchasing the script and not about any fixes. It is clear that the author no longer intends to maintain this script. My recommendation to the script author is to remove this script off of the SDN if he is no longer willing to maintain it. Or if he'd like to show good faith to his customers, he could pass ownership of the script to someone else who'd have more time to maintain and update it. He should not continue to make sales off of a broken, unsupported product. It is a bad reflection on the quality of his work. As long as he maintains it on the SDN, he is trading away his reputation for extra sales on uninformed customers.

Last Reviewed: 7/25/17

Climbing Boots Buyer

Category: Moneymaking

Price: $3.99

Thread

Add Script

Score: Would not recommend until it gets fixed

This script is intended for one purpose, to buy climbing boots. You walk to the NPC, buy boots, bank, repeat. Though, the way this script uses up resources would make it seem as though this script is attempting to bring the One Ring into Mordor itself. Unfortunately, the script is very poorly optimized and lends itself to extremely high CPU usage. Here, on my computer, I test the CPU usage of the script against another. As you can see, this Climbing Boots Buyer script handily uses 10x more CPU resources than any other script.

AnyDesk_2017-10-14_05-07-21.png?width=40

As expected for the price, the script is very bare-bones. There is no anti-ban or action diversity. There are no fail-safes, which unfortunately leads to some scenarios where your bot can get stuck. The banrates will be extremely high for using this script, as the method already suffers from high banrates to begin with.

The script is in desperate need of updates and fixes. I would not advise anyone to buy the script in its current state.

Last Reviewed: 10/14/17

Note: I will change reviews as necessary, if a script's quality has a noticeable increase or decrease in quality. If there is a problem with someone's script, I will always try to contact them and give them a chance to fix said issues first. Any negative review I put up can be revised if the script has been improved. My goal is not to put anyone on blast, but to promote a higher standard for content for scripts.

I am also open to suggestions as to what I should review.

This is an awesome thread that will hopefully bring new customers to scripters and light a fire under their asses if they have a sub par script! 

I look forward to reading your reviews. 

Great idea. You should add the date you reviewed them though. They might fall behind on updates or go through a version change.

Great idea. You should add the date you reviewed them though. They might fall behind on updates or go through a version change.

Done. Good idea.

First negative review added. I've tried my best to be polite and positive about it whilst pointing out the reasons why someone shouldn't buy it.

First negative review added. I've tried my best to be polite and positive about it whilst pointing out the reasons why someone shouldn't buy it.

I never intended for the script to be a heavy money maker like some people seem to think. I created the script to be an efficient way to train magic fairly quickly while gaining or losing close to zero gold. The reason the script quick sells the recoils and buys the supplies is to have no downtime where it isn't gaining exp. The script even now can get you to 66 magic for air orbs in less time than splashing for zero or a similar cost as splashing.

That is also the reason why the script is in the Magic section of the forums instead of the Money Making section. You can compare my script to Dezval's Enchanted Wealth which is in the money making section and heavily advertises the money it can make, although I have my doubts as to whether it can hold up with multiple users running multiple bots. His script also uses the linear ring enchanting from top to bottom that you seem to think is better, when it actually has no affect on ban rates. I have tested both methods when I initially wrote Rerecoil and there was little difference between enchanting methods. In fact randomly selecting the rings seemed to have a slight improvement which is why my script enchants rings like that. Jagex's automated bot detection is not going to go "WTF a human possibly couldn't enchant rings in such a way because they have the same sprite!" 

I will admit that I stopped maintaining the script, the biggest reason being the banrate. Soon after releasing the script the banrate went up considerably. Doing any task that is highly repetitive has a high banrate which I have told people multiple times. Even my personal scripts that don't exist on the SDN can have high banrates if they are highly repetitive. I have been testing methods to improve banrates in all my scripts and last week I even tested a new method in Rerecoil but it has had inconclusive results. For now though I have decided to remove my script from the store.

Archived