Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • S+ Requirement Suggestion

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

I suggest that all current and new S+ should have at least 1 VIP script that's always maintained and exceeds a certain level of difficulty and usefulness. I propose this to become a new requirement in order to benefit all VIPs of DreamBot.

Please vote on the poll to show support. If you have any further suggestions feel free to reply!

EDIT: 1 Free VIP Script

free scripts. what do we want! free scripts. when do we want it NOW!

No support. No scripter should EVER be forced to limit their script to a specific usergroup

Agreed. The rank "scripter+" does not have to do with pleasing a community (especially not a certain limited group as dog says here), but about wether or not you know your stuff

No support. I could just write a garbage tree chopper in 5mins and put it up as VIP only. It would probably lead to lower quality of VIP scripts.

No support. I could just write a garbage tree chopper in 5mins and put it up as VIP only. It would probably lead to lower quality of VIP scripts.

That's why I said "certain level of difficulty and usefulness", it should be a req to introduce a new VIP script that is actually useful and not a junk script.

That's why I said "certain level of difficulty and usefulness", it should be a req to introduce a new VIP script that is actually useful and not a junk script.

If they introduced a concept like this I would very MUCH like a good threshold of what a "junk script" identifies as. 

What is seen as a junk script to one could be a goldmine for the other.

I could write a godlike chicken killer, is this junk if it is flawless? 

tl;dr you can't pinpoint 'quality' other than it getting the job done, not WHAT it does.

Agreed. The rank "scripter+" does not have to do with pleasing a community (especially not a certain limited group as dog says here), but about wether or not you know your stuff

1. This would give VIPs the chance to test the type of quality they would expect to see from their paid scripts.

2. The requirement would basically mean they would need to make 1 free script that is of highest possible quality.

3. If this gets implemented it'll bring a new wave of users who want to keep costs low and profits high. This will ultimately benefit the community in it's scaling process and will help everyone in long term.

4. VIPs don't have enough free scripts as it is.

5. With this implemented it would encourage existing paid scripts to be improved. Forcing the bar (quality) to be increased significantly to compete.

If they introduced a concept like this I would very MUCH like a good threshold of what a "junk script" identifies as. 

What is seen as a junk script to one could be a goldmine for the other.

I could write a godlike chicken killer, is this junk if it is flawless? 

tl;dr you can't pinpoint 'quality' other than it getting the job done, not WHAT it does.

That's up to staff to determine. Maybe they should assign specific scripts to people to make as the S+ requirement. If its a big scripts maybe 2 S+ should maintain it.

Regardless of our opinion; as a whole, something NEEDS to be done. There are too many scripts that aren't working or working very poorly. I see a lack of effort from some scripters to maintain their scripts. Some kind of upkeep is needed; a bar needs to be set, ESPECIALLY ON PAID SCRIPTS.

I don't think we're ever going to force a scripter to make VIP scripts.

Chances are high we're going to change the s+ test to be "Here's a list of scripts, pick one and make it" and just modify the list we give them to fill some of the holes in our SDN.

Whether they make it free, VIP, or paid will likely be up to the scripter.

We are working on redoing the s+ test system at the moment, though. So if you have suggestions (other than limiting whether they can upload as free, VIP, or paid) we'd be happy to hear them.

As far as the requirements for scripter, that will remain as having 1 free script on the SDN for two weeks for now.

Archived