Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Got hacked from using dreambot

nyww

Sounds like you got Ratted my dude. Its obvious because they obviously got into your email too and changed the set email for the runescape account to their own.

He's right you've been ratted, and it's completely undetectable to most anti-viruses. Use a program called 'combofix' I used to help in the IT department and they used combofix for deep cleaning of computers.  It's a free program, i've used it for years.

'

It definitely wasn't dreambot or a dreambot script that is responsible for the hacking. You must either have some type of malware that isn't being picked up by your virus scan (keylogger or possibly RAT), entered your information on a phishing site (site that looks exactly like runescapes website but isn't), or your email/password are part of a dictionary thats out there and someone cracked it with a dictionary attack. There are other possibilities, but those are the most likely. As far as what you can do, formatting the hard drive and re-installing the OS will surely get rid of any malware whether its FUD (fully undetectable) or not. That is an extreme option, but if you aren't very tech savvy it may be your best choice. If it was a dictionary attack then formatting the harddrive isn't necessary. You would just need to change your passwords to something you haven't used before. Of course you would want to make it something unique so that it isn't something thats already in password dictionaries. I would suggest changing your passwords ASAP either way.

You can use this site to check if your email is compromised (which means any password used to register with that email anywhere is probably also compromised) - https://haveibeenpwned.com/.

People bot with hundreds of millions of GP on their accounts. Why would they hack you and put their name on the line?

I think you got excited about some streamer quitting Runescape and put in your credentials to get free double XP weekend! :doge:

Blaming DB is the worst thing you can do. The best thing is DBANNING your data and starting fresh. Install Malwarebytes and eset do full scans then use malwarebytes products to scan for rootkits. Change all your passwords and physically write them down for strong passwords. OR Install Linux while you're at it and do full disk encryption and use password manager like keepass for non-highly sensitive passwords.

• 3 years later...

nope i started playing osrs to bot. some guy gave me 500k at the ge. In less than 12 hours of me using dreambot and starting the game for the first time I was hacked for 500k...

Archived