Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • New Staff Position Proposal

poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

Is the market even active enough to warrant this?

I mean this threads not even been up but a few hours and 13 people have voted yes.

So at least enough to be managed.

Some of the things you've suggested are not really realistic for any single person to constantly watch. Like regularly looking at all feedback given is just silly imo.

As far as locking old threads go, as None suggested in Discord (and I've suggested in the past) if you see a topic you feel is inactive and should be closed, there is a report button for a reason. Report it and say it's inactive, staff will look at it, and if it is indeed inactive, staff will lock it.

If someone receives negative feedback, it's not up to us to go find it and think "Man that's not real feedback" because we *don't know* if it's real or not. Only the person who received/gave it knows whether it's real.

If you could give more information as to what you mean by vet new/existing sellers, then I'll be able to respond to that. At this moment though I'm not sure what you're expecting. "Do you actually hand-make your accounts??" - "Yes." - "Oh, alright then."

Also unsure as to what you mean about a topic of all scammers, you want us to have a topic that has every contact information platform of every scammer that has ever scammed? That's also unrealistic, and won't happen. If you could flesh out that idea a bit, I will be able to respond.

Also don't know what you mean about maintaining a pinned topic on each section. What is actually in that pinned topic? I don't know what you mean by most used sales topics.

I mean it's entirely possible that we may get some trial mods some time soon specifically to help go through the market section. Having specifically just a market moderator probably won't happen, as the section isn't really active enough to warrant it's own moderator. We may take two trial mods (as suggested in the thread) to go through the backlog of threads, and then push one of them just up to global mod for general moderator positions depending on how they handle the trial mod spot.

Then that person would probably have a "suggested focus" on the market section to make sure it's maintained well, but would also be expected to do general moderator things.

Those are my thoughts on that, but until we discuss it as staff, there's no real final word.

Plus it also means we need trusted trial mods, who we are certain would have no advantage by having a moderator status.

Some of the things you've suggested are not really realistic for any single person to constantly watch. Like regularly looking at all feedback given is just silly imo.

As far as locking old threads go, as None suggested in Discord (and I've suggested in the past) if you see a topic you feel is inactive and should be closed, there is a report button for a reason. Report it and say it's inactive, staff will look at it, and if it is indeed inactive, staff will lock it.

If someone receives negative feedback, it's not up to us to go find it and think "Man that's not real feedback" because we *don't know* if it's real or not. Only the person who received/gave it knows whether it's real.

If you could give more information as to what you mean by vet new/existing sellers, then I'll be able to respond to that. At this moment though I'm not sure what you're expecting. "Do you actually hand-make your accounts??" - "Yes." - "Oh, alright then."

Also unsure as to what you mean about a topic of all scammers, you want us to have a topic that has every contact information platform of every scammer that has ever scammed? That's also unrealistic, and won't happen. If you could flesh out that idea a bit, I will be able to respond.

Also don't know what you mean about maintaining a pinned topic on each section. What is actually in that pinned topic? I don't know what you mean by most used sales topics.

I mean it's entirely possible that we may get some trial mods some time soon specifically to help go through the market section. Having specifically just a market moderator probably won't happen, as the section isn't really active enough to warrant it's own moderator. We may take two trial mods (as suggested in the thread) to go through the backlog of threads, and then push one of them just up to global mod for general moderator positions depending on how they handle the trial mod spot.

Then that person would probably have a "suggested focus" on the market section to make sure it's maintained well, but would also be expected to do general moderator things.

Those are my thoughts on that, but until we discuss it as staff, there's no real final word.

Plus it also means we need trusted trial mods, who we are certain would have no advantage by having a moderator status.

And so it has been written

• If a rule is not enforceable then what is the point of having the rule? (feedback)
    • We shouldn't have to report a topic if it's inactive, it would be nice if the forum moderators would already automatically remove topics. The main reasons is to make the section appear more healthy (without junk topics) that are practically only worth it for eye candy.
    • Regarding the feedback it'll be nice to see that "junk" feedback being removed. The feedback that doesn't follow the rules, it doesn't hurt staff to just look at feedback page once a day and look into any suspicious feedback (most common is duplicate feedback within a 24hour period)
    • Regarding to the sellers I meant just doing a check on what they claim so if they claim they've got 300+ off-site feedback, it would be nice for staff to verify that. It'll also be nice for staff to google their contact details to ensure they're not here for the wrong reasons.
    • The scammer part is simply a topic that just has the contact details of scammers that have been disputed via the dispute section. Useful information like their PayPal email address, skype name, First & Last Name and any other data that could potentially prevent another scam.
    • The pinned topic on each section is more of just a showcase of topics for that section that are considered to be reputable.
    • Let's face it the main reasons people become staff is to get power and to gain an increased social status within the community & help the community become a better one. OR to promote their scripts because they're a "Moderator" which helps them financially and justifies the time spent being a staff member.

• If a rule is not enforceable then what is the point of having the rule? (feedback)

I didn't say it wasn't enforceable. Just not realistically actively watched by any single person.

• We shouldn't have to report a topic if it's inactive, it would be nice if the forum moderators would already automatically remove topics. The main reasons is to make the section appear more healthy (without junk topics) that are practically only worth it for eye candy.

I'm doing this right now anyway :shrug:

• Regarding the feedback it'll be nice to see that "junk" feedback being removed. The feedback that doesn't follow the rules, it doesn't hurt staff to just look at feedback page once a day and look into any suspicious feedback (most common is duplicate feedback within a 24hour period)

If we do end up getting trial mods to kind of keep a focused on eye on market related things, then I guess checking feedback page every now and then would be fine. There's still bound to be feedback that slips through the cracks, so in the meantime you're free to report any profile that has suspicious feedback, or feedback from the same person within a 24h period.

• Regarding to the sellers I meant just doing a check on what they claim so if they claim they've got 300+ off-site feedback, it would be nice for staff to verify that. It'll also be nice for staff to google their contact details to ensure they're not here for the wrong reasons.

This is why we usually just don't allow offsite feedback to be taken into consideration, unless they're someone who has a largely known name (Such as Bogla) as we'd want to confirm that they're not an impersonator. We can probably take another look at the market related rules to say that if they do want to put how much offsite feedback they have, they must have a staff member verify who they are on that offsite location. (and then the staff member would post a verification)

• The scammer part is simply a topic that just has the contact details of scammers that have been disputed via the dispute section. Useful information like their PayPal email address, skype name, First & Last Name and any other data that could potentially prevent another scam.

I'm not sure we would be within rights to post all of that information in a thread that literally targets them. Contact information used, like skype name, Discord name, or known aliases maybe. But that's a pretty large list still, and people are better off just looking for the TWC tag or having general knowledge of who they're dealing with.

• The pinned topic on each section is more of just a showcase of topics for that section that are considered to be reputable.

Still unsure as to what you mean by this. Do you mean to say we should have a pinned thread that just contains links to threads? If that's the idea, then no, I think that'd be silly and may as well just pin the threads, which last I recall, you have to pay money to do.

• Let's face it the main reasons people become staff is to get power and to gain an increased social status within the community & help the community become a better one. OR to promote their scripts because they're a "Moderator" which helps them financially and justifies the time spent being a staff member.

Which is why we don't just promote anybody, and have a vetting system that we use as a staff team.

Which is why you did not become staff.

Which is why even though we are currently discussing getting another moderator, we still do not have another moderator.

I didn't say it wasn't enforceable. Just not realistically actively watched by any single person.

I'm doing this right now anyway :shrug:

If we do end up getting trial mods to kind of keep a focused on eye on market related things, then I guess checking feedback page every now and then would be fine. There's still bound to be feedback that slips through the cracks, so in the meantime you're free to report any profile that has suspicious feedback, or feedback from the same person within a 24h period.

This is why we usually just don't allow offsite feedback to be taken into consideration, unless they're someone who has a largely known name (Such as Bogla) as we'd want to confirm that they're not an impersonator. We can probably take another look at the market related rules to say that if they do want to put how much offsite feedback they have, they must have a staff member verify who they are on that offsite location. (and then the staff member would post a verification)

I'm not sure we would be within rights to post all of that information in a thread that literally targets them. Contact information used, like skype name, Discord name, or known aliases maybe. But that's a pretty large list still, and people are better off just looking for the TWC tag or having general knowledge of who they're dealing with.

Still unsure as to what you mean by this. Do you mean to say we should have a pinned thread that just contains links to threads? If that's the idea, then no, I think that'd be silly and may as well just pin the threads, which last I recall, you have to pay money to do.

Which is why we don't just promote anybody, and have a vetting system that we use as a staff team.

Which is why you did not become staff.

Which is why even though we are currently discussing getting another moderator, we still do not have another moderator.

for admin!

o..  :kappa:

While it may be small right now, the DreamBot marketplace can very well expand to something much bigger. The trading scene in Runescape has always been bigger than its botting scene. After all, even botters are highly dependent on trading to make value of what they've botted. Sythe is the most popular Runescape cheating forum, and its popularity is derived primarily from its trading community.

Already, there are many people that have come to DreamBot for primarily trading purposes. These people, at least initially, have little to no interest in the botting software. Through spending time on this forum, many of these people will eventually try out the software and become dedicated DreamBot customers, too. I traded here for a full month before trying out DreamBot for the first time. Having a thriving trading scene literally attracts more customers to the primary product of DreamBot. The trading scene on here will only continue to expand, and having a neater, better-supervised marketplace will help spur that growth.

I don't think there needs to be a specific position called Marketplace Moderator. The person is already being trusted with the privileges of a moderator, and so if they were to be given such a position, they should be able to be trusted with the privilege of a full-fledged moderator position. Regardless, the important point is that the forum, or specifically the marketplace, could benefit from greater moderator resources and manpower. If you look at the dispute section of the forum, you can see that there are many unresolved disputes that have been ongoing for over a month. It's just been Hashtag trying to deal with everything. Staff members are understandably busy, and trading really isn't that interesting to most people. Having to babysit and mediate marketplace disputes is not something most staff members look forward to. I think that is largely Trump's concern when he brought up the suggestion of a Marketplace Moderator. A moderator with a greater interest in the marketplace would be able to much more efficiently and fervently sort through though marketplace issues that most staff members would be uninterested in.

I'm of the opinion that preventative measures are the most effective at keeping the marketplace clean and smoothly operating. My aim is to provide suggestions that adhere to our forum's desire to keep the marketplace open and accessible, whilst helping to address the frequent problems that traders encounter. Here's some examples of changes I propose:

1. Limit the use of unverifiable, hyperbolic language when advertising an item and/or require them to back up the claim with substance.

Example: Selling hand-made level 3 account.

The claim that it is hand-made is meaningless fodder language. The intention of such a claim is to suggest that their product is extra reliable and will be safe from bans.

If the user wishes to make such a claim, he should be required to back up the claim with a guarantee on the product. For example, it gets banned within a period of time after purchase, the customer will be entitled to a refund.

2. Restrict retaliatory feedback, and label it as abuse of the feedback system.

Example: Someone fails to uphold their part of the deal in a trade. The opposite party, who has upheld his part of the deal, issues negative feedback. Even though he upheld his side of the deal, he is immediately reciprocated with negative feedback in retaliation.

Retaliatory feedback is an abuse of the feedback system. It discourages victims from speaking out against irresponsible and/or dishonest traders. There is nothing to be gained and much to be lost for giving someone negative feedback. You already won't trade them anyway, because of your bad experience with them. Your negative feedback only serves as a warning for others. If issuing that warning comes at the expense of your own reputation, then it's not worth it for most people.

Some proxy sellers and if we are lucky once a week an account seller(which get recovered)

I have access to many servers and can get dedicated ips. If someone was able to help me with this I would release this feature for free to vip members if needed =D

Archived