Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Break Cycles Not Working?

Grimbles

Hello, my breaks aren't working the way I want them to. I set the interval for 5 minutes for a three minute break, and for some reason it instead runs around a thirty second break every 3 minutes. Am I doing something wrong with the cycles? Why isn't it running the correct time for me?

Could you show us a screenshot of your break settings :)

Sure, how can I post a screenshot in a post without posting it to an image hosting site?

Could you show us a screenshot of your break settings :)

I'm trying to use Imgur as my image host but the site says I cannot use the link on the page?

Sure, how can I post a screenshot in a post without posting it to an image hosting site?

I'm trying to use Imgur as my image host but the site says I cannot use the link on the page?

On the Imgur image, right click it and click "open image in new tab" and paste that url here.

On the Imgur image, right click it and click "open image in new tab" and paste that url here.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately I cannot access Paint or any kind of image file saving on my computer, therefore I cannot save a screen shot of my client window (it's a long story-my laptop got way out of whack with it's files.) 

For now, I can post my break cycles in text. It's set to this:

Break Settings:

Name: Quick Break

Interval: 3 Mins.

(Preset Hour: 12 Hours)

(Preset Min: 0 Mins)

Duration: 5 Mins.

Use Preset Interval is unchecked.

Interval Options:

Deviate Interval is checked.

Deviation:

Randomize is unchecked.

4 minutes.

Duration Options:

Deviate Duration is checked.

Deviation:

Randomize is unchecked.

3 minutes.

it might be because your interval is set to 3 minutes, as in the break is going to activate every 3 minutes

and your deviation for that interval is 4 minutes, which sets its lowest to be -1 minutes.

I'm not actually sure if our break system checks for

But I would suggest not setting a break for every 3 minutes, especially with the duration of 5 minutes since that will literally make the break constantly be on.

And also avoid having any of the deviations result in

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately I cannot access Paint or any kind of image file saving on my computer, therefore I cannot save a screen shot of my client window (it's a long story-my laptop got way out of whack with it's files.) 

For now, I can post my break cycles in text. It's set to this:

Break Settings:

Name: Quick Break

Interval: 3 Mins.

(Preset Hour: 12 Hours)

(Preset Min: 0 Mins)

Duration: 5 Mins.

Use Preset Interval is unchecked.

Interval Options:

Deviate Interval is checked.

Deviation:

Randomize is unchecked.

4 minutes.

Duration Options:

Deviate Duration is checked.

Deviation:

Randomize is unchecked.

3 minutes.

Use Gyazo to post images.

https://gyazo.com/captures

Download it, run it, install it, and it'll take care of the uploading + screen saving part for you.

But Nezz, already provided a solution so hopefully it works out for you.

it might be because your interval is set to 3 minutes, as in the break is going to activate every 3 minutes

and your deviation for that interval is 4 minutes, which sets its lowest to be -1 minutes.

I'm not actually sure if our break system checks for < 0 or not, so it may not even be the issue.

But I would suggest not setting a break for every 3 minutes, especially with the duration of 5 minutes since that will literally make the break constantly be on.

And also avoid having any of the deviations result in < 0

So you're saying the break doesn't stop and reset the counter after the duration of each break, rather, the count til the next break begins during the current, already happening break?

If that is true, I see where my error is. If I wanted to get the desired cycle under the above criteria I should set the break to start every 8 minutes with the duration every 5 minutes, thus cancelling out the values and making it ~technically~ 3 minute breaks?

Use Gyazo to post images.

https://gyazo.com/captures

Download it, run it, install it, and it'll take care of the uploading + screen saving part for you.

But Nezz, already provided a solution so hopefully it works out for you.

I think Nezz's explanation solved the problem. I'm testing it out right now

Archived